main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone Insurance through Vodafone. NEVER AGAIN

2: Seeker

So...I have never taken phone insurance in my life but a £500 for a replacement handset, I thought 12.99 was worth it. And it would be if you could get a claim processed.

Monday 22nd Nov AM - my iphone drops through the gap in the lift door on the 7th floor of my office, falls 100 feet into inaccessible lift shaft.

Tues 23rd Nov AM - I Call vodafone insurance (ACE Group) to claim accidental loss. Very nice. took IMEI number and assured me it would be dealt with in 5 working days.

Mon 29th Nov AM - "your claim is still be assessed, we cannot give you an ETA"

Tues 30th Nov AM - "your claim is being assessed and we require more info" what info? "we cannot tell you"....

Weds 1st Dec AM - "my manager Matthew will call you back within an hour" yeah...cos that happened.

Thurs 2nd DEc AM - "you can call as often as you like, I cannot tell you when your claim will be processed"....

my advice: if you haven't got it, don't bother. I

if you have to claim, do so, good luck, and cancel your insurance after.

Note to Vodafone - I hope you are as embarrassed by your service partner as I am disabled by not having a phone for almost two weeks.

Never again.

View more options
16 REPLIES 16
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lwicks,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here .

I'm sorry to hear of the poor experience you've had when claiming on your Insurance. Have you received your replacement iPhone now? If not, then please reply to the email I've just sent you and we'll be able to check on it for you.

George

eForum Team

View more options

Hi their i am just wondering if their is any possible way of me cancelling my insurance online as i have been trying to get through via phone and their is a problem with vodafone. 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jadeoswin,

There's no way to cancel the insurance online, I'm afraid.

However, I've just sent an email to your registered eForum address. Please reply with the requested details and we'll be with you as soon as we can.

To cancel insurance requires 30 days notice, so once we've processed your cancellation request, it'll be 30 days from then. All will be confirmed in our reply to you.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

View more options

Yes I second your opinion.. Avoid Mobile phone insurance with Vodafone.. They giving terrible customer service, I called them to report claim on 19th Jan, operator told me claim under processing and will contact me in 5 working days, but dint happend. So I called them on 04 Feb, then operator told me waiting for 3rd party info...so when??? After paying my line rental and monthly insurance..I am here with no phone /no usage...so what am getting back as a customer??? AVOID THEM...

@lwicks wrote:

So...I have never taken phone insurance in my life but a £500 for a replacement handset, I thought 12.99 was worth it. And it would be if you could get a claim processed.

Monday 22nd Nov AM - my iphone drops through the gap in the lift door on the 7th floor of my office, falls 100 feet into inaccessible lift shaft.

Tues 23rd Nov AM - I Call vodafone insurance (ACE Group) to claim accidental loss. Very nice. took IMEI number and assured me it would be dealt with in 5 working days.

Mon 29th Nov AM - "your claim is still be assessed, we cannot give you an ETA"

Tues 30th Nov AM - "your claim is being assessed and we require more info" what info? "we cannot tell you"....

Weds 1st Dec AM - "my manager Matthew will call you back within an hour" yeah...cos that happened.

Thurs 2nd DEc AM - "you can call as often as you like, I cannot tell you when your claim will be processed"....

my advice: if you haven't got it, don't bother. I

if you have to claim, do so, good luck, and cancel your insurance after.

Note to Vodafone - I hope you are as embarrassed by your service partner as I am disabled by not having a phone for almost two weeks.

Never again.

View more options

i also lost my iphone and made a claim on the 4th sep and was told would take 3 - 5 working days, since then and many phone calls later all vodaphone keep telling me is they are waiting for 3rd party info and cant process claim untill recieve it !!!!!!! but cant tell what info they are waiting for and who they are waiting for it off, absolute ###### take DO NOT TAKE OUT INSURANCE WITH VODAPHONE.......

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wayne85,

I've noticed that you've reposted your query here, with more information. So that we don't duplicate information, any response we give will be on the linked thread.

Thanks

Andy

eForum Team

View more options

Apple's Applecare for iPhone is £61 for 2 year coverage. 

Works out around £2.55 a month, and you get Apple's first rate unbeatable customer service.

View more options
I would just like to say I have never had a problem with Vodafone insurance. Since switching from pay as you go to contract I have dealt with the insurance company on many different times as I am a clumsy person.

With my Nokia phone I dropped it in water twice as well as smashing the handset all through being clumsy and they replaced it for me on all occasions with a quick response time as well as providing me with a replacement handset as I was without phone.

With my apple phones, smashed screens and dropped in water again each time was provided with a new handset and a replacement handset whilst I waited.

It's a shame that you haven't had the service I have had but honestly they have been great with me. Especially like I said being a clumsy person. Cannot complain at all!

View more options
3: Seeker

i am having same problem, they told me would get within 5 days.

next monday will make 4 weeks that i am waiting for my iphone,

n they better not charge me for this 4 weeks otherwise i'll ask my bf to send vodafone a legal letter for fraud, disgussed with the low quality of service.

good my contract finishes in 2 months because i am cancelling my services with this company, when i pay almost 90 pounds a months

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

You are aware that Vodafone Insurance is provided by a third party, so you are blaming entirely the wrong people here. As it says in this link:

Vodafone Insurance is an insurance policy provided by ACE European Group Ltd (ACE)

They have their own complaints procedure.  Have you followed it yet?  If not, you will find the info on how to do so below:

Our complaints procedure
ACE is dedicated to providing a high level of service at all times. If you feel that ACE hasn't offered you the best service possible or you want to make an enquiry about this insurance, please call the insurance administrator, Lifestyle Services Group Limited, on 0333 304 3346. Alternatively, you can write to them at: Vodafone Insurance, Lifestyle Services Group Limited, PO Box 98, Blyth, NE24 9DL.

PWIAC

View more options
View more options

so why the vofadone team haven't been able to provide me such information???

when i been going 2 the store and contacting online to try to understand what is happening.

I'm sorry but that is a huge incompetence and is uneceptable paying for a top service high price when the services are not up to the standard

View more options

and sorry but i have to blame vodafone yes, because i diden't go to the insurance company to sign the service  till  was through vodafone what makes it the intermediate between me and the company.

i am aware that is not vodafone fixing my mobile, but they should be able to provide me a valid information because from what i been told my phone is in the same position as when i handed in, "INVESTIGATING" that's the only word i been gaven.

and in the store for 2 times they told me my phone would be arriving in the next 2 3 days, as same as they told me it would take only 5 days to get a new one then till 10 days if i'm correct.

this is  ridiculouse, they don't know anything and they start providing clientes with fake information.

WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?????

without saying that the person who took my claim, i been quite clear saying that i don't have another mobile and she wrotte on my insurance claim form that when the phone was ready they would contact me to my mobile...

-.-'?!?!?

that made me believe that there's ppl working for this company with siriouse logical issues!

i had to go back a week after to ask them to change because as they aknologed i did not hve a mobile  n ask if it was possible to warn me by e-mail.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi EmmanMach,

As the replacement phone is being sent out by the insurance company, you would need to contact for an update. We do not have access to their systems and therefore cannot see the order.

Thanks,

Sukhi

View more options

I am I the same situation i have lost my phone on 01 12 18 I have to wait 5 working days after that they nothing 

now we are on 13 12 18 i call them they said that the phone is not on stoc and I have to wait don’t do insurance with this company they are only robbing you!!! 

View more options
Administrator

@Adru If you're querying our insurance and would like an update, you're able to call 0333 304 3346. I wish you all the best and hope it's rectified as soon as possible. 

View more options