Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone X + Apple Watch 4 Cellular = No WiFi Calling

norwoody
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After trying with no success either on twitter or via the phone I would I would try here as a last resort.

Despite my Vodafone account saying I have WiFi calling enabled, and the same setting toggled on my iPhone X. I do not have any WiFi calling. I tested this out by putting my phone in airplane mode and then dialling a number. I got a message on my iPhone saying that I either needed to enable Wifi (which was already on!) or disable Airplane mode in order to make calls.

As soon as I switched SIMs to a spare PAYG 3 sim I had, WiFi calling worked straight away, so no issues with my router setup or anything like that.

Despite being assured that my problem would be fixed within a week, I still have no WiFi calling on my Vodafone SIM. At this rate, as soon as I am able to, I plan to leave Vodafone as I have been quite disappointed at the lack of knowledge in solving this problem.

I've seen in posts elsewhere that WiFi calling on iPhone doesn't work with OneNumber and Apple Watch which would be severely disappointing if true. I have already tried removing WiFi calling from my account and re-adding, but the changes do not persist and my account still has WiFi calling enabled.

15 REPLIES 15

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @norwoody, thanks for getting in touch. Nothing should stop you from connecting and we'd love to help get your Wi-Fi Calling up and running. Have you had any reply from Twitter? Did you post your username and link to this thread in your message too? 

Hi @TJ

I did initially raise my issues on twitter but they couldn't solve my problem for me - this was over 2 weeks ago. 

I also contacted customer support and was told they had a workaround that would take a week to get working. It's been past a week now and I still don't have WiFi calling working.

Registered just to chime in on this - in the exact same boat. iPhone X with Apple Watch S4 Cellular and no WiFi calling since getting cellular working on the Apple Watch. Recently moved to iPhone 11 Pro and still have the same issue. WiFi calling enabled on the account and enabled on the phone. Toggling either does not turn on WiFi calling.

Raised with support last week, they asked me to reboot the phone which hasn't worked.

Looking forward to end of my contract to get WiFi calling + eSIM working with another provider.

@liamjvs wrote:

Registered just to chime in on this - in the exact same boat. iPhone X with Apple Watch S4 Cellular and no WiFi calling since getting cellular working on the Apple Watch. Recently moved to iPhone 11 Pro and still have the same issue. WiFi calling enabled on the account and enabled on the phone. Toggling either does not turn on WiFi calling.

Raised with support last week, they asked me to reboot the phone which hasn't worked.

Looking forward to end of my contract to get WiFi calling + eSIM working with another provider.

It's pretty disappointing that Vodafone don't appear to know how to get all the features they support to play nicely together. Like you, I think I'll have to move on to a different provider once I'm able to as it's pretty embarrassing to not be able to use features that I've paid for.

TJ

Thanks for replying @norwoody and @liamjvs - was your Wi-Fi Calling working with your watch before hand? Has this changed recently, or have you never had the two working together? Have you recently updated your iOS?

My WiFi calling was definitely working before I got my watch, but I don't believe it's been working with my watch ever. I have the latest iOS updates installed on both 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This would be very annoying @norwoody, I can see you've mentioned OneNumber, has defintely got OneNumber activte on your account? If you're not sure can you drop us another message on Facebook or Twitter please and we'll check this for you? 

Thanks @DaneB,

I definitely have OneNumber already enabled. Still no closer to getting WiFi calling to work again on my iPhone, sadly.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @norwoody, can I ask you to contact our social media team on Facebook or Twitter please? I'd like to have a closer look into your account.