Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone X + Apple Watch 4 Cellular = No WiFi Calling

norwoody
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After trying with no success either on twitter or via the phone I would I would try here as a last resort.

Despite my Vodafone account saying I have WiFi calling enabled, and the same setting toggled on my iPhone X. I do not have any WiFi calling. I tested this out by putting my phone in airplane mode and then dialling a number. I got a message on my iPhone saying that I either needed to enable Wifi (which was already on!) or disable Airplane mode in order to make calls.

As soon as I switched SIMs to a spare PAYG 3 sim I had, WiFi calling worked straight away, so no issues with my router setup or anything like that.

Despite being assured that my problem would be fixed within a week, I still have no WiFi calling on my Vodafone SIM. At this rate, as soon as I am able to, I plan to leave Vodafone as I have been quite disappointed at the lack of knowledge in solving this problem.

I've seen in posts elsewhere that WiFi calling on iPhone doesn't work with OneNumber and Apple Watch which would be severely disappointing if true. I have already tried removing WiFi calling from my account and re-adding, but the changes do not persist and my account still has WiFi calling enabled.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi there, I've already contacted the team on Twitter a week ago and after some initial messaging on Tuesday I've heard nothing back at all.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@norwoody So I can check on the progress of your message, please let me know your Twitter username.
If you'd prefer not to share this on the thread, please ensure your username has been included in your message to us and I'lll be able to track down your DM 👍

Hi Natasha, my Twitter username is the same as this forum username  but with an extra "o" in it.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@norwoody Thanks for that :Smiling: We're a little busier than usual with our Social Media channels so I appreciate your patience!
I've asked one of our advisers to get back to you later today :Smiling:

Thanks Natasha - between that and technical support calling me on Sunday it looks like my issue has now been solved.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's great to hear @norwoody :Thumbs_Up: Thanks for keeping us in the loop with this. If you need anything else in the future, you know where to find us!