main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

iPhone X Pre Order Updates

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Ordered Silver 64GB last night (upgrade) over live chat. Guaranteed a delivery date of 1-2 days following 3rd November. Hopefully Vodafone will be true to their word this time and learned from the mistakes last year with the iPhone 7 launch problems.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administrator

Hi All 🙂

When a new iPhone launches it's always exciting, however with this being such a popular time, things don't always run as smoothly as we'd like. 

Apple are experiencing stock shortages at present due to high demand. Rest assured we’re working hard get your devices to you as soon as possible. To see your latest delivery date, please use our order tracker

I can understand that some of you are currently disappointed, however lets keep this Community page a friendly and helpful place. Be sure to post any updates and pictures of your new iPhone X's when they arrive! 

View more options
627 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @alanodlin I think this launch will be worse as there already stories of supply problems, so dont always beleive a salesman !

This is from GSM Arena.

"The iphonex can be purchased through Apple.com, Apple Store app and some local retailers. Shipments are expected to begin next Friday, November 3, but estimate delivery is already slipping and it might take up to 4-5 weeks"

View more options

I wouldn’t hold out much hope. I ordered direct from Apple at 0820, after last years chaos with Vodafone, and have been told 4-5 weeks so I guess Apple will give their own customers a higher priority. I wasn’t able to reserve one on Apple Upgrade Programme so I ordered direct. Let’s see what happens.......

View more options
17: Community Champion

I ordered at 8.06 and got 2 to 3 weeks. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
3: Seeker

Hello,

When did you manage to order for 3rd Nov delivery?

I have been managing to save the slot at 08.57am and worried it will bring over 4-5 weeks.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hey guys,

So I pre-ordered the phone online this morning 08:15 ish coz Apple Store crushed. I spoke with Vodafone so they can confirm that they got my order (After last years maddens) The guy said “Yes we have the order. The phone will leave the  warehouse on 29th-30 Oct and by 3-4Nov you should have your new phone depends from the Delivery Company”.  That’s was exactly he said. Which kind of odd for me coz it’s sounded like Oh we have the phone in stock. 

When I was doing the order it’s said Delivery date FROM 3 Nov which means you can get it by Christmas lol

we will see ....

View more options
8: Helper

You might just be lucky this time round. I ordered direct from Apple ~08:04 and got a 3/11 delivery, but it had changed to 2-3 weeks at that point.  Interestingly Voadafone, Argos, and CW all were stating delivery available either on 3/11 or from 3/11 until about lunchtime today.  It is possible that Apple have ensured that there is better balance between channels this time round after the seeming imbalance of previous releases.  I look forward to a hopefully +ve update from you on 3/11 ;-)

View more options

I ordered over live chat last night but only received a text with my order number this afternoon. So I’m guessing that they are doing the same as last year and taking orders manually on paper then passing them on to be entered onto the system. Which means I’m probably behind all those who ordered via the website or phone today! Last year was a complete shambles for the iPhone 7 Plus with vodafone! I’m hoping they’ve improved things this time. The silver 64gb is still showing on Vodafone website as a 3rd november delivery

View more options

ordered my iphone x 64gb silver this morning at 10.36 via the online chat upgrade team, when i track the order its saying delivery 3rd november so fingers crossed it will turn up on time!!

View more options

When I track my order online it says order number is invalid! 

View more options

Yeah mine was saying invalid earlier it changed over at about 5pm, give it a few more hours! If you have a email and text confirming the order you should be ok!

View more options

Ordered the 64gb space grey at 8.03am and have an estimated delivery date of 10 November. 

View more options

Ordered the 256gb Space Grey at 7:55am and have been given 18th Novemeber est delivery date on the tracker.  Seems rather inconsistent between other people's orders.  

View more options

seems like vodafine dont get any space grey stock until the 18th, i havent seen anyone ordering space grey with an earlier estimate for delivery

View more options

I’ve been told by a friend of a friend who works at an EE store that the only model they can guarantee for delivery on launch day is the Silver 64gb. No space grey will be in EE stores for at least 3-4 weeks after launch.

View more options

Also interestingly, it looks like the same with Vodafone as on the website now the only model saying 3rd November deliver is the 64gb Silver. All other models are either “reserve now” or delivery within 3 weeks 

View more options

Did you hear anything about the free AirPods offer?

View more options

Free AirPods ? 

View more options

Ordered 2 x 256gb silver yesterday afternoon at 4pm - I've been promised faithfully that I will get these next Friday (I'm not holding my breath) I've been emailed a tracking number but when I go to the tracking website, I just get a mesasge of Order details you've entered are invalid.

Why are they invalid?

View more options
7: Helper

They will work eventually, just give it a couple of hours. Mine said the same thing yesterday morning and it only started working in the evening. 

View more options