main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

iPhone X Pre Order Updates

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

so far has anyone tracking status moved on from 1 on the desktop site or 2 on the mobile site? im still at the same stage as i was last friday 

View more options
2: Seeker
No. No change to my stage on either mobile or desktop. 2 and 1 respectively.  No change to date either. Still 18th Nov for 256gb sg
View more options

The online tracker is useless! Mine stayed at stage one for the whole time I was waiting for my 7 Plus last year! It stayed on stage one even after it was delivered! 

View more options

haha well if we cant trust the live chat people  or the tracker we are screwed haha

View more options

Do you use the new sim when you get a new iPhone? If so how do you activate it and de-active the old sim? Or do you take your old sim out your old iPhone and use that? 

View more options

im sure i read somehwhere old nano sims wont work in the iphone x

View more options

You need to use this page: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/simswap/index.htm    -  To activate your new sim and move your number over if you're upgrading.  If you just want to use your old sim, you just pop in the old one and it will all be sorted automatically  

View more options

daz1983 wrote:

haha well if we cant trust the live chat people  or the tracker we are screwed haha

We are all screwed! Trust no-one on live chat, the phone or even sales people in stores! 

I guarantee we will all be still on this forum next week moaning that phones haven’t arrived and we keep getting emails from

Voda promising an update in three days, then another three days later and so on...

View more options

Interestingly, the Vodafone website has been updated and the 64gb Silver is now also showing as “Pre order now to reserve your iPhone”, up until today that was still showing as available to order for 3rd Nov delivery 

View more options

So what do we all think of this then - I know it's from the Irish Vodafone site but will it apply in the UK?

IPX.png

View more options

aide199 wrote:

So what do we all think of this then - I know it's from the Irish Vodafone site but will it apply in the UK?

IPX.png

Your picture not showing

View more options

weird, its showing for me on the dektop website

View more options

I just tried the messaging feature on the my Vodafone app, the man told me my order is being picked in the warehouse and is still due for Friday delivery. Not sure if these people are different to the live chat, I guess I will have to wait and see!

View more options

Capture.JPG

View more options

Can’t see the image 

View more options

Has anyone had their Vodafone account / contract terms / package plan updated as yet? (considering we are now less than 30 hours from launch day!) - Any text or email regarding Spotify or Sky Sports upgrade yet??

I pre-booked at 8am on the day (via web order), soon after which I received a confirmation email and text; I was told on the ‘order confirmation webpage’ that my phone plan will change over the week, even before I receive my new handset - Nothing on this front for me thus far!

Just like many others who have ordered 256gb Silver, even my order tracker says delivery estimate 10th November! Although I am hoping for launch day delivery, I would be glad to accept delivery any day before estimated 10th November, considering the Vodafone fiasco last year with iPhone 7 / 7+ launch (even though I was not directly affected)

View more options

No I’m no I’m still on my old plan, I asked about it and they said the new plan will start once the phone is dispatched, I’m sure other years the plan changes over almost straight away 

View more options

Last year my plan changed on the day the phone (7 Plus) was finally despatched. 

View more options

caluk86 wrote:

Capture.JPG

Image not showing on the mobile website. 

View more options

Just from curiosity I checked Vodafone Irland and when you do check out they have all the phones in stock with Nov 3rd Delivery 

People who pre-ordered from o2 started receiving they tracking numbers and people who choose to collect have the message that the order is ready to be collected on lunch day. Wonder what happens with our orders....

View more options