main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

iPhone X Pre Order Updates

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Hi All,

iv been following all your posts. I’m actually shocked that a company this size can’t deal with what you’d think was a simple process without annoying many of its customers. 

Iv spoken with a few Vodafone personnel and i’m Getting the same story; Vodafone will allocate orders on the 3rd (with orders being dispatched on the 4th) on a first come first serve basis. Not quite sure what that means for everyone here, but it’s very disappointing. It’s like they have managed to ruin what was going to quite and exciting November 3rd for those people who made the effort to preorder at 8am- ish. 

I ordered a 256 grey. Delivery showing for 18th. Let’s see how this pans out. 

Good of luck to you all. 

View more options

Good luck to you too mate. I'm excited to get my 256GB Silver and I hope to get it on the 3rd; Even though it says 10th of November 'estimated' but one can only hope at this point. 

My case and screen protector have arrived so I'm all hyped for the arrival of the phone

View more options
12: Established

It’s been said a number of times but everyone should just relax. 

Ive ordered every single iPhone on launch day with Vodafone since they started offering them (3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7 Plus) and each and everytime there has been this same fuss, some people saying everyone will get them, others saying no one will, CS saying anything to get people off the phone/chat. It’s pointless. No one can tell you when your order will be dispatched. Best case scenario this time tomorrow you will hear. 

Every year I’ve been through this process and every year I’ve had my phone on launch day. Maybe this year will be different, maybe it won’t, I just don’t know but one thing I do know is people speculating doesn’t help anyone. 

Rant over. 

View more options

What time would you normally get your dispatch notification?

View more options
12: Established

What time would you normally get your dispatch notification?

Anywhere between a day before and 2 days after delivery from my experience!

as others have said best to download the DPD app and register with the mobile number and email you’ve ordered with and it’ll notify you before Vodafone will. 

View more options

Wait so you got the notification 2 days after recieving the phone?  

I have the DPD app ready ; ) 

View more options

I pre ordered Friday 8:09am had email confirming still wouldn’t track spoke to cs Monday told all fine rang again Tuesday told was issue with the order so re ordered over the phone, still no confirmation for the second order so phoned today to be told there was yet another “technical” problem so reordered AGAIN told it should be fixed by Friday only got offered “free” delivery it’s ridiculous on my 6S last time I upgraded they started me a whole new contract instead of upgrading me, so I’m still none the wiser and no idea when I’ll get mine

View more options

I’d like to ask.... I have never ordered an iPhone directly from Vodafone before... do they come locked to Vodafone? Or with any Vodafone alterations to the software? 

Thanks, 

View more options
3: Seeker

Vodafone haven't been able to handle this for a very long time. Not a great company.

Anyone who is listening to CS, don't. They will fob you off, as PROVEN in the last few years. Just read back to old topics.

Also, do NOT believe the order tracker. I just found my order number for iPhone 7 Plus last year and went to track it. It is STILL (over a year later) stuck on stage 1. It was delivered around 29th Sept 2016. To make it even funnier, my estimated delivery date was 3rd October 2016, but they pushed it back AFTER I had already recieved the delivery!! 

Screen+Shot+2017-11-02+at+03.15.57.png

View more options
17: Community Champion

Stlondon wrote:

I’d like to ask.... I have never ordered an iPhone directly from Vodafone before... do they come locked to Vodafone? Or with any Vodafone alterations to the software? 

Thanks, 

Yes the iPhone will be locked to Vodafone but there is no alteration to the iOS software.

Android phones do have their software customised as well as being locked.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
17: Community Champion

jeffkinn wrote:

Stlondon wrote:

Thanks, 

Yes the iPhone will be locked to Vodafone but there is no alteration to the iOS software.

Android phones do have their software customised as well as being locked.

@Stlondon

And you can request it's unlock after x3 bills have been paid on time with a Pay Monthly Account. 

On Payg 30 days needs to have passed. 

Unlocking is free. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
4: Newbie

Just had texts about my new plan and signing up to free Spotify again, is this a good sign for delivery tomorrow?

View more options

Yes!

daz1983 wrote:

Just had texts about my new plan and signing up to free Spotify again, is this a good sign for delivery tomorrow?

View more options

My plans started to change over on the Vodafone app now as well, they said my plan would change when the phone was dispatched so fingers crossed it’s coming, still don’t feel confident though 😂

View more options
8: Helper

All very good signs!

I checked online to see if there were any changes, still the same " There are currently no services being used on this account" 

View more options

daz1983 wrote:

My plans started to change over on the Vodafone app now as well, they said my plan would change when the phone was dispatched so fingers crossed it’s coming, still don’t feel confident though 😂

100% its being despatched now. I already got my conisgment number from live chat . Silver 64g

View more options

Even I received the text overnight that mumy plan has changed, following another text to subscribe entertainment package! Fingers Crossed 🤞!!

Web Order on Friday 27th at 8am

iPhone X 256gb Silver

View more options
7: Helper

My plan has also started to change. I just received a text to say my premium Spotify subscription has ended and It looks like I’ve changed plans. Fingers crossed 

View more options

caluk86

Thats good news I will give the live chat a go and see if I can’t get my number!

View more options
7: Helper

I would be almost certain that anyone with a chance of plan will get delivery tomorrow. This usually doesn’t happen until ur phone picks so would be very suprised if you don’t get them.

View more options