Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone X and 4G Calling

brownbear
8: Helper
8: Helper

Hey peeps, 

question for for those who have been lucky enough to receive their iPhone X. 

Just curious if anyone has 4G Calling  (volte) working on their phone? 

I’ve tried the phone in different areas in London and it does not work.  Always reverts back to 3G.

I know there has has been plenty of discussion about it before. However when I ordered it specifically said it was included. 

Thanks 11BF1560-566D-40BE-BDE5-E3DB9A5FE6A6.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

ling69
4: Newbie

@brownbear wrote:

Hey peeps, 

question for for those who have been lucky enough to receive their iPhone X. 

Just curious if anyone has 4G Calling  (volte) working on their phone? 

I’ve tried the phone in different areas in London and it does not work.  Always reverts back to 3G.

I know there has has been plenty of discussion about it before. However when I ordered it specifically said it was included. 

Thanks 11BF1560-566D-40BE-BDE5-E3DB9A5FE6A6.jpeg

Hi I have my phone and have 4G calling in my plan. But I don’t actually know what it is! Lol

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@brownbear

Can you link to or paste in where it says the iPhone 10 is eligible for 4G. 

As far as I’m aware only a few handsets are eligible in certain key cities. 

@ling69

4G Calling also known as voLTE is a feature where a person can make calls over the 4G part of the Network. It gives an improved Call Quality Experience.

Right now for many if you initiate a call the phone automatically drops down to 3G or lower.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/mShop/cart/cart.jsp?mobileRequest=true&userSegType=&_requestid=93393

not sure if the picture has displayed. 

But in the link it says ‘Wi-fi and 4G calling’ as part of the package. 

Support for the iPhone X is not shown yet on the relative pages. 

Its not a biggy I was just curious. 

4G calling/ VOLTE is not enabled on any IPhones on Vodafone. What you are seeing is that your account has been activated to use 4G calling and Wifi calling when this becomes available.

There may be an update early Jan which will enable it for IPhone X,8&7 until then just have to wait. The next handset to get VOLTE will be a major Android handset hopefully this weekend 

I always assumed you got 4g calling right away on iPhones bit surprised by that really.

Please look at the thread posted for subject labelled ‘Vodafone Volte iPhone’ on the Forum as this now gives a status update. Basically if you download iOS 11.3 Beta 2 public version then this brings carrier settings 31.5.1 which then allows 4g ( Volte ) calling.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You're not wrong! I have 4G calling on my iPhone X.

So one question from me, whats the benefit of it? What difference does it make. :Smiley_face_with_shades:

3 main reasons in my opinion.

With4g calling (Volte) you can tether your laptop to your phone, and work whilst you are on the phone, as the phone remains on 4g during the phone call. Previously if you were tethering, and a call came through, then the phone would drop back from 4g to 3g, and the speed of the connection would slow down dramatically, making working whilst on a call impossible.

Also some areas of the country have a decent 4g signal, but have a weak or non existent 3g signal.

Also bettter for battery life as the phone doesn’t have to keep jumping from 4g back to 3g.

Sorry forgot to mention that the call quality is also crystal clear with 4g calling. 😀