main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone X home screen issue

SOLVED
View solved solution
Hm14
2: Seeker

For those like me whose Vodafone text does not scroll on the home screen I came across a way to make it scroll!!! Well it scrolls until u unlock the screen and then freezes again! While the phone is locked click the side button so Apple Pay is activated. When u come out of Apple Pay the text will return to scroll!!!!

View more options
KayZZ
4: Newbie

I don’t have Apple Pay set up or don’t need it ☹️

View more options
Hm14

Has anyone else seen this issue on their iPhone X or even managed to cure it? Mine is still frozen and I don’t see no update release soon plus nothing from Vodafone to say its an issue?

View more options
WillVXR

Mine does the same even with Beta IOS 11.2.5

View more options
KayZZ

Can Vodafone please take ownership of this problem? It’s really starting to annoy the hell out of me.  

Mods?

View more options
KayZZ

iOS 11.2.2 is out now has anyone tried and tested if problem is still there?

View more options
jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

No change - not that I'm bothered by it personally

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
Hm14

Likewise still no change with update but this needs to be fixed! It’s embarrassing!

View more options
chistery
16: Advanced member

Mine has "Vodafone UK" centred so it cuts off both ends, not exactly a major issue. The screen isn't wide enough for the text. Maybe you need to move to EE? :Winking_smiley:

View more options
jeffkinn
I really struggle with this issue. Embarrassing for who? It’s there for a second while the phone unlocks. Of all the issues that a phone and network can face this is about as minor as it gets. It’s all a personal opinion of course but changing networks just to get away from a non scrolling network name? Seems somewhat extreme although I assume the suggestion was tongue in cheek.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
KayZZ

Just updated to iOS 11.2.5 and still the same no fix.

Mods,

can you please get Vodafone to contact Apple to try to fix this problem?

View more options
JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, really sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your iPhone X displays.

I've noticed this myself on the new update from Apple and it is part of their new software.

We're unable to change this as we don't have any control over Apples software editing.

We'd recommend contacting  Apple Support  to report this, so it will be included in one of the future updates :Smiling:

View more options
vondes

Can we install a https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on this phone? 

View more options
jeffkinn
Although the image on their home page seems to be an iPhone I think this is an Android only app. The iOS sandbox approach where third party apps can’t interface with core functionality such as calls and texts would stop this working on an iPhone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
Hm14

Latest iOS update installed and still no scrolling!! What a joke!

View more options
donnyguy
16: Advanced member

How difficult would it be for Vodafone to send out a carrier update and change the way the network appears on the iPhone.

Vodafone Greece for example appears as vodafone GR on all phones except the iPhone. On the iPhone, the network name appears as vf GR

Surely they could do something like that here?

View more options
Hm14

So have updated to iOS 11.3 and still no change....and the last thing left to do was a Sim swap. New Sim has been activated and guess what.....No change! The vodfone uk logo still frozen and does not scroll. Anyone fixed it?

View more options
jeffkinn
I’ve just looked at my phone and the words Vodafone Wi Fi Calling are scrolling

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
Hm14

WiFi calling? It says Vodafone UK on my iPhone X 

View more options
jeffkinn

Yes but I’m at home in a weak signal area so Wi-fi calling is active. I’ll look tomorrow when I’m out to see if the normal Vodafone logo scrolls or not. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options