main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

iPhone X to iPhone XS: Worth the Upgrade?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi guys. Just wanted some advice on whether it’s worth upgrading my existing iPhone X to get the new iPhone XS or am I better waiting until 2019?.

I rarely use the camera so the new Portrait mode isn’t really a necessity like. 

Thanks. James 📱👍

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hey @JamesRoberts330

Most of the changes are under the hood with the new A chip etc however in real life I think a person wouldn't notice  !

Or you could go with with the 'Max' variant. 

Your iPhone is still cutting edge and would still receive iOS updates. 

It's obviously down to personal opinion and I submit some want the newest model out but if this was my decision after looking at the 'vs'  type models online breakdowns pages and specs,  I'd skip that model and wait out to the next Apple Keynote and see what the new flagship iPhone brings to the table. 

Again it's a personal decision and I wish you well with yours.   

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
5 REPLIES

Hey @JamesRoberts330

Most of the changes are under the hood with the new A chip etc however in real life I think a person wouldn't notice  !

Or you could go with with the 'Max' variant. 

Your iPhone is still cutting edge and would still receive iOS updates. 

It's obviously down to personal opinion and I submit some want the newest model out but if this was my decision after looking at the 'vs'  type models online breakdowns pages and specs,  I'd skip that model and wait out to the next Apple Keynote and see what the new flagship iPhone brings to the table. 

Again it's a personal decision and I wish you well with yours.   

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Personally i would say the differences are minimal so I would wait especially for the prices

View more options

The truth is that the difference in all phones from year to year is minimal as we're in an era of slow evolution rather than revolution. If you can afford it and it makes economic sense then upgrade as your old phone will have a high resale price. I upgrade every year as it's the most economic way of operating for me.  If it's an expensive swap, keep the old phone for another year.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

I have had the x now have the x’s

i real life the differences are minimal usage is about the same.. not noticeably faster ‘yet’ but then I don’t play games..      

the only reason i son I upgraded was for dual sim as I now have a Voda and EE plan on the same handset which was enough for me to upgrade.

if it wasn’t for the dual sim I would have held out to see what next years handset offers.

if you hade a model 6,7or8 then yes it’s worth it

View more options

Hi guys, decided to stay with my iPhone X for another year and get my battery replaced instead. It’s currently on 92% on the battery health settings. 

Thanks for the advice. James 👍

View more options