main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iPhone XR block

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Will Vodafone block or blacklist an iPhone XR, if the contract bill isn’t paid, or can’t you just use it on different network I’ve had phones before off friends that where contract witch never got blocked but just wanted to double check I think blocks are only for lost or stolen phones I think they only block sims for non payment can someone tell me if I’m right please thank you 

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @Scarlet1m1 

Purchasing a second hand phone is entirely at your own risk and will be an arrangement between you and the seller.

It will depend on how well you know this friend, there is nothing stopping the original owner from reporting the phone lost or stolen and requesting Vodafone to IMEI block the phone and there won't be anything Vodafone will be able to do remove the blacklisting.

If the bill is not paid it will be the original owners account that will be blocked not the phone, leaving Vodafone to pass the debt onto debt collectors for collection.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

@Scarlet1m1 

Typically Yes a phone is blocked if it's reported lost or stolen / insurance claim.

If a person decides to stop paying a bill then after trying to resolve this Vodafone can restrict services to incoming only and eventually start various recovery processes. 

It would be rare for a network to block a phones imei number for non payment.

Can it happen- Yes if Vodafone decide it's warranted. 

A phone supplied directly by Vodafone won't work with another networks sim card until Vodafone agree to open it to work on all networks which is via a person filling out the unlocking form once they've fulfilled the required criteria. 

If they do block the phone then it won't work on Vodafone or another UK Network.

Hope that helps.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @Scarlet1m1 

Purchasing a second hand phone is entirely at your own risk and will be an arrangement between you and the seller.

It will depend on how well you know this friend, there is nothing stopping the original owner from reporting the phone lost or stolen and requesting Vodafone to IMEI block the phone and there won't be anything Vodafone will be able to do remove the blacklisting.

If the bill is not paid it will be the original owners account that will be blocked not the phone, leaving Vodafone to pass the debt onto debt collectors for collection.

View more options

I have asked Vodafone about this they only block phones lost or stolen  not  for non payment they do nothing to the phone 

View more options

The phone is unlocked a three sim is being used in it 

View more options

You're correct @Scarlet1m1, if an account is overdue only the SIM and contract would be barred. If a phone is reported as lost or stolen, we'll blacklist the entire device. 

If you have any other questions about this, don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to help you further. 

View more options