Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone battery issue ?

lordaaronsmith
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

so i have a iphone 6s which i got as an upgrade from voda back in december 2015 , the handset has served me well apart from battery issues , but the time has come to pass it down to my daughter who i have a sim only plan for on voda .

so before i give her the phone i took the phone into my local Stormfront official apple reseller to relace the battery as part of an apple recall program .

its needed the battery replacing for a year at least but i never wanted to be seperated from the phone for a few weeks .

sooooooo the a guy from Stormfront calls me and tells me that he wants to make me aware before he changes the battery that the handset has had a third party screen fitted ???? he has also sent me pictures of the phone in the repair jig , i cut this phone from the cellophane out of the box & it has never left my sight ??? just really confused 🙃

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

That is weird if the iPhone was supplied as a new model from the Network. 

Just to advise even though an iphone has a screen replaced this wouldn't have affected any warranty applied by Apple. 

Getting to the bottom of what' actually happened with the phone wouldn't be easy. 

Did you ever check the status of warranty and activation date on Apple's warranty status page ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

im sure gonna check when i get it back ! would voda of sent me a refurb handset ? i keep everything prestine  condition .

the stormfront guy said he has taken some pictures 

The activation date on Apples own systems via checking your serial number should help guide you. 

Vodafone I would assume only supply a refurb phone If so chosen by the customer. 

These im assuming would include units returned within the Network Satisfaction Guarantee. Could a unit be resent back out say after a person has had a screen replaced while in the Network guarantee period ? It’s viable. 

Lets not forget that also Apple supply these phones so it’s also viable this has been at There end where a person has returned the phone to Apple after upgrading through them. 

I appreciate your very interested in trying to find out the history of the iPhone and how this has happened, and so would I be. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.