Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone proof of purchase required

jcawley123
3: Seeker
Hi

My iPhone recently stopped working but I've been told Vodafone won't repair it under warranty.

My insurance company have requested I send them proof of purchase which includes

Your Name and Address
IMEI/Serial Number for the item
Date of purchase
Mobile phone number

I've been in store and called customer services but neither could help me.

Could this be obtained online?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

jcawley123

Hi

My iPhone recently stopped working but I've been told Vodafone won't repair it under warranty.

My insurance company have requested I send them proof of purchase which includes

Your Name and Address
IMEI/Serial Number for the item
Date of purchase
Mobile phone number

I've been in store and called customer services but neither could help me.

Could this be obtained online?

Thanks

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Your original receipt from Vodafone should show the info needed by your insurer.  If you don't have the original receipt any more, one of the eForum Team will be able to help you get the proof of purchase.  They will be in contact in about 24 - 48 hours with details of how to get in touch.

PWIAC

Thanks

I can't find the paperwork from when I upgraded unfortunately. Hopefully this can get resolved as I haven't had much luck in store or over the phone so far.

The iPhone 5 will now be out of warranty so will be sent away for repair most likely.

I was told the repair would be done under warranty so it was sent away to Vodafone's repair centre but they have sent it back as the fault couldn't be repaired under warranty.

Can any admins help?

Thanks

drey_p
If the repair centre have stated that the fault isn't covered under warranty, the eForum Team can't override their decision. What was the reason given? Or what did they say the issue was?

PWIAC

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jcawley123,

We'll be able to provide the required information, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD