main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

iWatch 3 Cellular Support

2: Seeker

When will Vodafone be supporting cellular on the iwatch 3 here in the UK?

View more options
  • Find other posts tagged with:
27 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

I'm sure Vodafone will start to push out information once it's ready on products they will offer. Until then like others they won't comment @carperjim

A good place also to 'watch' is here > Blog.vodafone.co.uk > Coming-soon.

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

@BandOfBrothers I would hope so, but my concern is some of the others e.g. EE are already listing support.

They are the only UK provider listed on the Apple site as being cellular providers in the UK for the iwatch 3. 

Also on on their own website they are advertising the watch with the statement the only way to experience the full potential is on EE.

So I'd guess either EE are ahead of the game technology wise or have an exclusivity deal.

View more options
17: Community Champion

I'm not sure about an exclusively deal via EE the same way o2 had it with iPhones a few years ago @carperjim

I can see from Apples Uk online site what your saying. 

As it's early days I'm not sure what Vodafone will do but there could be other avenues such as Carphone Warehouse etc to acquire one from. (I've not checked their site yet)

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
11: Established

Just FYI, it's not called the "iWatch", it's the Apple Watch.

View more options
4: Newbie

If your planning to buy a cellular LTE Apple Watch, be aware that it will only work in the country it was purchased in. This also means if you travel abroad it will cease to work in the country you are travelling too.  It's all to do with the LTE bands on the LTE chip inside the Watch.  Unlike the iPhone (which has all the LTE bands loaded in to its LTE chip),  the Watch only has the required amount of LTE bands for the country in which it is being sold loaded into the LTE chip. 

View more options
16: Advanced member

Edit: I stand corrected (I read Marc Allera's tweet link) 

View more options

Stop talking utter nonsense....

The issue is totally Vodafone / O2 / Three's fault here.

Apple started what they called esim's in their iPad's a few years ago which allowed you via software to chose a carrier/plan without changing the sim card.  Only EE and a couple of others signed up to this.  Fast forward to now, the Watch 3 LTE has the same esim which is now only supported by EE.  As soon as Vodafone and the other laggards get off their behinds and support e-sims will we see the Watch come to Voda.

This isn't Apple or EE or some exclusive deal.... Vodafone offer the Watch 3 LTE in other countries!

Wish people would stop talking FUD when they don't know what they are talking about.

View more options

This may well be the thing that finally gets me to ditch Vodafone.

Would love an update, any kind of official word from Vodafone... even a "we're thinking about it", or "nope, can't be bothered to get new technology, sorry".

As the previous poster says, Vodafone do offer it in other countries, even in Australia it's listed as "coming this year", but here.... nadda.

View more options

Hi, vodafone chat adviser confirmed today that Apple watch 3 cellular plans will be available from Vodafone on 3rd Nov 17. Vodafone official release on 27th Oct 17. Please see attached photo of chat session.

View more options

Where is your chat?

This is interesting "Apple watch 3 cellular plans will be available from Vodafone on 3rd Nov 17. Vodafone official release on 27th Oct 17"

View more options

@Mrsmumu @Bullboy123 @Monsoonstorm The link @BandOfBrothers provided, will be the best place to get any updates we have on this. As soon as we have more information, it'll be posted on our blog.

View more options

Hi. Tried to attach a photo of chat to my post but obviously didnt work. (I’m not good on the tech so advice would be appreciated). Until I see the official announcement due around the 27th I am a little sceptical as chat advice varies widely on other issues. The release of the I phone x at the same time though has likely sparked a panic with vodafone as they may have wakened up to the fact that their potential  I phone x contracts are set to disappear over the horizon to EE for those of us with Apple Watch cellular. We will see!

View more options

Thank you. The whole situation is very frustrating. Strength of Apple Watch cellular sales will ultimately dictate how fast vodafone get ther act together. That and how many of their projected early I phone x sales disappear to EE?

View more options

In regards to the post by @Bullboy123. If you want to see the chat he had with customer services, then just click the 'view more options' at the end of the post. You can see the screen shot of the chat there. 

I too want an Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular and I've just signed up to a new deal with Vodafone for 24 months so I'm not going to EE. Not that I would anyway. First question I wanted answering was was the watch locked to EE? EE will tell you it is, however you can buy the watch from another source (Argos, Currys, etc) and you can use the watch as normal without cellular until the plans become available on Vodafone. If you bought it from Apple, you HAVE to sign up to an EE contract before they'll let you out of the shop with it. Same if you got it from EE. I can't see Vodafone not having watch plans. One of the biggest players in the mobile world. Second question I wanted answering was - When and if the plans come out, would they be chargeable or can they just be added to your existing plan?

I have seen reports that tariffs would be ranging from £5 a month but I pay £60 now. I don't particularly want to pay any more.

So to summarize. If you want the watch but don't want to wait for Vodafone to release plans. You can get one and add it later. Just hope that you can add it to your existing plan. I reckon there is a charge though somewhere. Vodafone wont let you do anything for free.

View more options
1: Seeker

I bought an apple watch 3 cellular from apple, there was no signing up to any EE contract at all.  The cellular function is a separate app which sets up the Esim, which you can do at anytime and change networks at anytime as long as your provider supports its.  So I am waiting with baited breath for Vodafone to sort things out.

View more options

I spoke to Vodafone today to get an idea of cost as looking at buying the Apple Watch with lte...

she he said due to unforeseen  circumstances  fate pushed back to end of April 18 if this is the case could this be proven as I'll be jumping ship to o2/3/EE we'll all other networks inc Tesco and gift gaff who all seem to be ready for December I guess for Christmas sale time 

View more options

What worries me is how much they’ll charge for it. I pay £60 a month now and I reckon it’ll be at least an extra £5 a month.

In an ideal world, it would be great if they let you use your existing plan with the watch. 

View more options
8: Helper

Looking at the EE offer I'd guess ~£5pm.  It would be really nice if they gove a couple of offers, say a) nothing for connection if you use your existing allowances; or b) £5pm if you wan an additional allowance for it of 10Gb.

Go on Vodafone, you know it makes sense ;-)

View more options

After speaking to tech by sounds of it Vodafone U.K. Aren't doing any e-sim at all...

i said to the guy well all other networks are doing it and from the 1st nov to mid Dec..

vodafone could loose a lot of customers..

his answer was well we will have the best coverage and lowest price for Iphone x...

talk about Miss guided and missing the boat..

my contract is up just before xmas and I'll be asking for pac number very soon 

View more options