Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 6 losing reception.

bjohnsonvet
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since I have had the iphone 6 with vodafone it keeps losing reception. Once you power the phone off and on it then returns to full reception. Due to this fault vodafone first replaced the sim card and have since replaced the iphone but still it happens. This is therefore looking like a software problem and does anyone have a solution or have apple / vodafone at least recognised the problem?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Are you on the latest iOS version 8.2

If not update and or restore your iPhone via iTunes after creating a back up to iCloud and or your Pc/Mac.

If no joy then if you have an  store local make an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ to let the Genius Bar run a diagnostic on it.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Software is up to date and it is a second new i phone & new SIM card making me think this must be software. The replacement hardware has not solved the issue.

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

Two more check please.

See if any carrier update is waiting for you ->
Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear.

If it's up to date and this is still happening Plz try ure Sim in another phone as a process of elimination 2 rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

As I said in my first reply  can run a diagnostic on the iPhone too.

Good luck.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hairy_haggis
1: Seeker
I have been experiencing the same for weeks. I can't get reception in my house or at my desk and signal will not maintain for any length of time even when I do get a signal. Particularly bad around Milton Keynes.

Have done everything suggested including get a brand new iPhone 6 replacement when visited Apple Store despite no fault found when they ran checks

We have exactly the same issue with our work iPhones. All are iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3. At tleast three of us have had this issue

The issue occurs when you go into an area with no signal and then when you come back to a region with signal the phone does not receover unless you do  complete power down and restart.

I also know of soemone else on Vodafone with iPhone 6 experienicng the same issue that isn't part of our company plan.

It looks like it's the iPhone 6 that is the problem, or more specifically an iOS bug, as we use Vodafone SIM's for other devices with no problems. As for getting Apple to do something about it.......... 

jeffkinn

Very occasionally I've had NO SERVICE when moving between areas. I put my 6+ in airplane mode and out again and that usually does the trick.

iOS 8.4 will be released later today - perhaps that might help you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Did this ever get resolved - I'm having the same issue now with iPhone6+ with Vodafone nano sim.

I've reset network settings but I can't stop it happening. The only fix is to reboot the phone, I'm doing this on average 4-8 times a day. 

Also if I don't notice then anyone trying to call me gets a non-service tone - as if the number doesn't exist. So they can't even leave a message and assume I don't have that number anymore 😞

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andy1owe There may be a potential problem with either your SIM or your phone.

So we can begin to see where the problem might be occurring, please try your SIM in an alternative phone and let us know what happens.