main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iphone XR esim

2: Seeker

It’s actually not that much of a hassle as I’ve just done it yesterday. I signed XS a month ago so I’m out of 30 days return/cancellation now, but just chat online with Vodafone asked for PAC code and pay off the remaining 23 months and off you go. 

Went into a EE store during lunch time asked for a sim only contract, give PAC code to them, ask to start with ESim. All done in 15 minutes, number ported over this morning (it took Vodafone 3 days to port the number from EE a month ago), now I’m sorted, work phone number in physical slot, happy days.

View more options

Vodafone just  confirmed the esim for iPhone XS X-r and Xs max will be  launched  Some time in 2019 that’s come from head office 

View more options

Was told the same the other day in store. Far toooo late ...... by the time even the next iPhone would probably be out, what's the point of us customers buying XS or XR now? @_@

View more options

I would have switched to EE who can give me an E sim instantly

View more options
10: Established

If someone want’s to test the eSIM in data only, GigSky has updated their app for eSIM. Just download the app, register using ‘geor149’ code for 8£ free credit and pick a data plan. Their data plans ca be used worlwide, so it’s very conveniant when roaming to keep the physicsal sim for voice and use GigSky for data roaming.

View more options
4: Newbie

It would be too expensive for me to pay off  23 months of a contract, send the phone back get another one and set it up with EE, then a PAC again and move  I still have a bit if time to cancel Vodafone before out of the return period so will see what develops. Truphone and Gigsky are just data and not a normal voice text and data sim and look quite expensive. The dual sim iphones allow two totally independent numbers to work which is why I had hoped it would be ready with Vodafone like EE.  I don't know why they didn't make the two physical sim card slots available in these new iphones to all markets rather than just China, that would have made it a bit easier to get set up than this Esim delay. Hopefully Vodafone will allow sim swap to Esim for the iphones and not just watches soon.

View more options

It is not Vodafone being so far behind world sim providers in offering an esim for my iPhone XS that is tempting me to swap to EE, but the fact that their chat staff, store staff and 191 call staff have no idea what is going on.

a very helpful chap today after 4 months of contact with Vodafone on various help options claims that esim for smart phones will be released in first half of 2019. I have logged the date and will swop then to EE if no joy before then. Very poor senior management.

View more options