Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iwatch series 4 won’t add mobile data plan

NG2_JAY
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone is a load off W*NK 

so I’ve been speaking to agents online and on phone for a number off times and visited a store and even spoke to them. It’s like they don’t have a clue what they are doing. Telling me to keep hard setting the watch it’s just gonna mess up the watch in the end. 

So so when I try to add cellular data form the iwatch app via the iPhone it’s says loading Vodafone UK plan then it goes then I click add data and it goes to a white screen saying loading please wait this should take a couple of seconds then it just goes back to the iwatch app useless phone network don’t know what they are doing there self. 

Im ready to leave I don’t care if I have to pay an exit fee Vodafone is trash 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I emailed the Directors office yesterday and by 2pm today my issue was fixed and I was taking calls on my watch! Result! 🙂

Hope you all manage to get sorted soon

View solution in original position

36 REPLIES 36

Hi Gemma, I messaged on Facebook yesterday and have still had no response!!

I all have this exact same problem, sent a message to vodafone uk Facebook but no reply yet 

I tweeted @vodafoneuk after failing to get a response facebook messenger and Twitter DM, Had an almost instant reply and got some good help from TJ which fixed the problem.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Really glad I could help @Barlowsaurus 👍

@Binkie we'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

I had a chat with someone at vodaphone uk on messenger she wasnt much help, didnt read half my messages

I have the same problem.

Eventually I have managed to get the support team to port my existing number over from VirginMobile but now can't get Mobile Data set up on my Apple Watch Series 4.

Twice to Tech Support team have tried and said it should be active in  24 - 48 hours but no success.

I get this message when I try:-

"Sorry, we couldn't activate this device with Vodafone One Number.It looks like there is already a pending subscription with another number in progress. Please, call one of our advisers on 191 (free from your Vodafone mobile) if it isn't active within 24 hours."

Help!

Another day and another 30 minutes of my life wasted on hold to Vodafone support - as i anticipated the previous days 'will be all fixed in 24 hours" but guess what the conclusion of todays session is?

" We will manually fix this but allow 48 - 72 hours, but you will not ne charged for this lost time"

As a reminder to any Vodafone techy who may stumble across this post, the message I get on iPhone screen when attemptinf to set up mobile data vis the Apple Watch App is:-

"Sorry, we couldn't activate this device with Vodafone One Number.It looks like there is already a pending subscription with another number in progress. Please, call one of our advisers on 191 (free from your Vodafone mobile) if it isn't active within 24 hours."

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Binkie This isn’t good! Please message us again on Facebook or Twitter and include the link to this thread. We need to take ownership of it until it’s resolved.

@theroadtoad  – We can check what’s happening with linking your Apple Watch. Please get in touch with my team through through Facebook Private Message for Vodafone UK. If you don’t use Facebook, we’re also available through Twitter Direct Message. Please also include your Community username and a link to this thread.

gav999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am having the same issue with 2 iWatches I have (wife and mine) when my bill is £240's this month and cant even use it i feel robbed in broad daylight, if anyone has any helpful tips let me know, tried everything and it was escalated today via chat as even the guy was pulling his hair out! well lets hope he had some as couldnt see him :Smiling:

gav999

I still have the same problem and have now had 3 techys say that it will be resolved in either 24, 48 and even 72 hours!

I live in hope and apparently I will recieve a message tfrom them tomorow at which point I am to upair the watch and turn it off, also the turn off my iPhone then restart both, re-pair and all should be well. However I will not be at all surprised if mobile data on the watch does not work.

Apparently there was an error in the 'order' to connect to Apple Watch - why it has taken 7 days so far to correct this is beyond me!

Is that right that your monthly bill for two phones is over £200? I could have got a plan with 100GB for £24 per month?