Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iwatch series 4 won’t add mobile data plan

NG2_JAY
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone is a load off W*NK 

so I’ve been speaking to agents online and on phone for a number off times and visited a store and even spoke to them. It’s like they don’t have a clue what they are doing. Telling me to keep hard setting the watch it’s just gonna mess up the watch in the end. 

So so when I try to add cellular data form the iwatch app via the iPhone it’s says loading Vodafone UK plan then it goes then I click add data and it goes to a white screen saying loading please wait this should take a couple of seconds then it just goes back to the iwatch app useless phone network don’t know what they are doing there self. 

Im ready to leave I don’t care if I have to pay an exit fee Vodafone is trash 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I emailed the Directors office yesterday and by 2pm today my issue was fixed and I was taking calls on my watch! Result! 🙂

Hope you all manage to get sorted soon

View solution in original position

36 REPLIES 36

It was £260 for last 30days ext month it does drop to £83 each, thats for 100gb data on iPhone x and also the Apple Watch 4 on both lines

So far paid £27 upfront fee and then £50 a month since start of May and still not had any luck trying to sort them out

Hope for it yet......

I see, I already owned my iPhone 7 ( bought direct from Apple) and got my Apple Watch 4 SSteel 44mm gold second hand, 6 months old and perfect condition for £575 from eBay and a plan with Vodafone for 10GB, unlimited calls/txts at £12.00 per month. Now I am retired I don't need a lot of data via phone as we have a super fast Virgin connection at home - true fibre.

Hopefully we will get our problems sorted soon!

Well tonight we are getting somewhere, not sure where exactly, but some where!

I no longer get the message saying there is a pending subscription...etc... but one that invites me to log into my vodafone account which goes well but the next window say I must pay an additional £5.00 per month in order to use my Apple Watch mobile data with Vadafone.

Nowhere in all the info concerning the opening of a account has this been mentioned - all along I have been assured that my plan is fine for Apple Watch use.

I am due a phone call tomorrow from support team so we will see what they have to say.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting both of your Apple Watches connected @gav999 and understand how frustrating this must be.

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

@theroadtoad I'm glad to hear you're getting somewhere! The £5 a month is the standard charge for connecting your existing Apple Watch to your plan and can be found on our website here. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

TJ Moderator

Thank you for the contact - I have had the planned contact by one of your colleagues and she told me that a Number One account has been added to my account and has just told me it is active and has provided details of how to activate Mobile Data which I am now doing with my fingers crossed!

Have carried out the new instructions provided by customer services for activating Mobile Data but while I do now get a Vodafone mobile data page in the Vodafone iPhone App when I try to activate the plan it eventually thows up an error message asking me to contact customer services and to quote error code: 2001

I have posted the details on Facebook Messenger conversation with customer services and I await the next step - I think this is day 11.

Success........

After being put through to Saurabh in the contract team he was able to identify the problem and he asked me to upair the watch and switch it off and await intructions.

I then had an email saying that a change to my sim was taking place.

About 4 hours later I had another call from him asking me to restart the watch and pair and go through the connect Mobile Data and it worked!!!!

I tried calling him but got cut off - if anyone at Customer services reads this could they pass on my thanks to Saurabh