main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

iwatch series 4 won’t add mobile data plan

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Vodafone is a load off W*NK 

so I’ve been speaking to agents online and on phone for a number off times and visited a store and even spoke to them. It’s like they don’t have a clue what they are doing. Telling me to keep hard setting the watch it’s just gonna mess up the watch in the end. 

So so when I try to add cellular data form the iwatch app via the iPhone it’s says loading Vodafone UK plan then it goes then I click add data and it goes to a white screen saying loading please wait this should take a couple of seconds then it just goes back to the iwatch app useless phone network don’t know what they are doing there self. 

Im ready to leave I don’t care if I have to pay an exit fee Vodafone is trash 

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I emailed the Directors office yesterday and by 2pm today my issue was fixed and I was taking calls on my watch! Result! :-)

Hope you all manage to get sorted soon

View solution in original position

View more options
36 REPLIES 36

Hey @NG2_JAY, I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your Apple Watch connected via cellular data and know how frustrating this must be.

As I'll need to access your account to help with this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
1: Seeker

I am having exactly the same issue.  Will you let me know how you get on so I can ask Vodafone to sort this out for me...

View more options

@paulgibson1701 We'd love to help you too instead of you having to wait for further troubleshooting advice. So we can take a closer look into your Apple Watch issues and access your account, please send us your full name and mobile number via DM to either:

-Facebook Vodafone UK

-Twitter @VodafoneUK

If you're unable to send your details through Social Media, we'll be able to help you via Live Chat too.

View more options

Hi, I have the same problem and have literally spoken to 20 different people at Vodafone and spent HOURS trying to sort this with absolutely zero progress. 

I have 3 personal contracts with Vodafone and my entire work organisation is on it too and I am tempted to cancel the entire lot today unless this is sorted 

View more options

In the end I left it an agent to deal with keept in contact bout what was happening over email and after 4 weeks it’s all sorted now 

View more options

Hi @Farrancc I'm sorry to see the problems you're facing with your Apple Watch. So we're able to look into this for you, please contact us on our other Social Media pages:

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

View more options
2: Seeker

same problem hear.what a bunch of complete idiots.i even got told today that they are sending me a special text message that will automatically set up my phone and watch.i should receive this special text within 20-30 mins but nothing.after ringing 191 I get told that after 15 minutes if I unpair and re pair my watch it should work as in 99% of the time it works but it could take up too the usual 24hours to work.have now realised that once they say anything about waiting 24 hours it actually means they have no idea whatsoever how to fix it and by saying leave it for 24 hours gets you to end the call.

View more options

hi, I have the exact same problem as the first 3 or 4 posts on this thread  - when I click set up mobile data on the watch phone app, I get the white screen that asks to "wait while the screen is loading, this may take a few seconds" and then it disappears and returns to the set up mobile data.

No matter how many time i try, the same thing happens!

Is there a workaround for this or is it possible for a direct link to be sent to my text or email? 

Can anyone help?

View more options

I emailed the Directors office yesterday and by 2pm today my issue was fixed and I was taking calls on my watch! Result! :-)

Hope you all manage to get sorted soon

View solution in original position

View more options

That’s exactly the same as what’s happening to my watch since I upgraded to sim only on Saturday even though I was assured my watch would still work.having spent countless hours to online chat and to 191 I have given up.they will ask you too try all manner of things which is just a ploy to get you off the phone or chat.i was promised a call back today at 6pm but never did so I called 191 again and was told please please trust me and it will be sorted out in 48 hours.as I have 30 days notice on the new contract I will just leave and go with a different company that actually no how to set it up.

View more options

Yeah my watch is finally sorted now I’m happy that it actually does what I got it for 

View more options

Hey @thief and @Carllarge, it's disappointing to hear you're having issues with your Apple Watches; I know how frustrating this must be. 

We'll need to access your accounts to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your usernames; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

That’s great Farrancc!

i have exactly the same issue. 

Are you able to share the directors office email please?

View more options

Posted as requested, how long do you normally take to get in touch? 

Thanks

View more options

@Barlowsaurus  - We can help with your Apple Watch. We’ll need to take some details from you first.

Please contact us via Facebook Private Message for Vodafone UK, alternatively on Twitter Direct Message using @VodafoneUK.

When you do this, please include the link to this thread and your username

@thief - Please follow the steps from the last message we've sent you on there. We'll then be back in touch as soon as we can. 🙂

View more options

Gemma, I am having the same issue... I press Mobile Data. Vodafone is already there, and it starts 'Activating' it, then brings me to a white page asking me to wait, but this pops up quickly then it just brings me back to the front menu screen on the Watch app, and nothing has happened on my Watch, no cellular.

Can one of your team contact me to get mine sorted. Thanks!

View more options

@lukebrown - We can take a look at what’s happening with your Apple Watch. Please contact us through Facebook Private Message for Vodafone UK. If you don’t use Facebook, we’re also available through Twitter Direct Message.

We’ll then be able to take your account details securely. ☺️

View more options

Hi Gemma, I messaged on Facebook yesterday and have still had no response!!

View more options

I all have this exact same problem, sent a message to vodafone uk Facebook but no reply yet 

View more options