Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

people tell me my mobile just rings but does not show up as missed call

Phil2017
1: Seeker

Friends or family are telling me that they have rung my mobile and it just rings.  They wonder why I haven't rung them back but my phone does not ring nor does it come up as a missed call and it is always by me.  This does not happen all the time but it is happening more often.  Spoke to vodafone and they told me to reboot but this has made no difference.  I get texts from people saying they can't get hold of me.  If I had a missed call, then at least I could call the person back.  Anyone have a solution?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Does this happen everywhere you go ? I.e. Away from your local and surrounding masts @Phil2017  ?

Do you have Voicemail turned On ?

You could then use the 'Slam Down Notifications ' feature too where if someone reaches your voicemail and hangs up.

As a process of elimination to rule out the sim card or phone can you try your Sim Card in another phone and another sim card in your phone ?

A Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap if it turns out to be the sim. 

If it's the iPhone then an Apple Store Genuis Bar can run a diagnostic on it or if you do not have one local a Vodafone Highstreet Store can send it off. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your help.  It happens anywhere but mainly in my local area. But I only know when someone tells me they have been ringing me and my phone doesnt ring and I do not receive missed call.  I will try a new sim card as I have had the present one for at least 2 years.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome.  :Smiling:

I assume your postcode isn't showing any Mast issues > Vodafone Network Checker.

That said if it's happening everywhere then Yes a Sim Swap / testing your sim in another phone and another sim card in your phone is the best process I'm aware of to troubleshooting.

Good luck @Phil2017

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.