Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlock iphone se

raunchpr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a unlock code for my iPhone se (which is not needed according to apple) AND WHEN I PUT MY VIRGIN SIM IN THE PHONE  I can't get past the msg This sim is not compatable with our server agreement and is not supported...Virgin are compatable I am told. I am going in circles and unable to use the phone on the virgin network, spent 4 hour today between Vodaphone customer services, Virgin and Apple support, fully restored the iPhone se but get the same message when trying to start it with the virgin sim card in. Anyone know why? I got a code from Vodafone this morning I just cant enter it becasue i get stuck with the sim msg. HELP please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

That may be where you are struggling, if after a few weeks it isn't unlocked you will either have to get them to try and get it unlocked again, or put a Vodafone Payg SIM in and use it for 30 days on the network, making some calls, sending some texts, then after 30 days you can request the unlock yourself.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

jeffkinn

iPhones don't have unlock codes so I wonder what Vodafone has sent to you. They request Apple to unlock the phone and it's done over the air when you insert the sim from another network. You need to speak to customer services and find out if they have processed the unlock and sent the request to Apple. 

Apple can often take many days, even 2 to 3 weeks, to process the unlock. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

without the origional number customer services can't help, apple say they have no restrictions on the phone, perhaps it's just a waiting game?

thanks for your reply it's very lonely going in circles thanks...

63johnw

Hi @raunchpr have you used this form here to request the unlock?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

Have you perhaps been sent a PUK or PAC code ?

yes i got past this point to where I was sent an unlock code this morning, the problem is I can't get to the stage where I can use it because the phone says "the sim you have currently installed is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. etc etc etc... so i have the code just cant use it....

annoyingly when i contacted vodafone by email they just send me to the page you suggest, and if i start again then it will become a major problem because i have the NUC code already so i am past this point and want to stay ahead rather than go backwards......if you apply more than 3 times for a code in a year your in deep poops !!!!!

63johnw

Ok but as @jeffkinn has stated you do not need a code from Vodafone it's all done by apple and you shouldn't have a code, I don't know what's happening but you shouldn't need or have a code 🤔🤔🤔

jeffkinn
For the avoidance of doubt iPhones do not and never have used an unlock code. There is no mechanism for using a code. It simply does not exist.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

That's what Apple told me..perhaps Vodafone sent me the reference number they use for thier  NUC applications? it's a 7 number code ?  As i understand it only Android phones need a code. Guess I'll just wait and see whn it becomes unlocked. Thanks for taking time to reply appreciated.....

jeffkinn
Unlock codes are specific to a manufacturer. There is no such thing as a generic unlock code for android phones.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Eh....I did not suggest that there is a generic unlock code for Android phones.. I was told by Apple that iPhones do not use an unlock code only Android phones require a unlock code......Vodafone sent me a 7 digit code for my iPhone se and asked that i restore the phone fully, then insert my new sim and then enter the code they sent. iPhones don't use a unlock code....and never have. If anyone on here works for Vodafone please explain....your tec support is abysmal. I would love to ask one of your chief directors to actually use your system see how long it takes to get a simple non generic problem sorted.