Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlock iphone se

raunchpr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a unlock code for my iPhone se (which is not needed according to apple) AND WHEN I PUT MY VIRGIN SIM IN THE PHONE  I can't get past the msg This sim is not compatable with our server agreement and is not supported...Virgin are compatable I am told. I am going in circles and unable to use the phone on the virgin network, spent 4 hour today between Vodaphone customer services, Virgin and Apple support, fully restored the iPhone se but get the same message when trying to start it with the virgin sim card in. Anyone know why? I got a code from Vodafone this morning I just cant enter it becasue i get stuck with the sim msg. HELP please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

That may be where you are struggling, if after a few weeks it isn't unlocked you will either have to get them to try and get it unlocked again, or put a Vodafone Payg SIM in and use it for 30 days on the network, making some calls, sending some texts, then after 30 days you can request the unlock yourself.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

jeffkinn
I'm constantly amazed (in a bad way) at the advice sometimes given out by customer services. Good luck.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Haaa... nothing suprises me anymore..let's cut to the chase, What i need to know is this:

If I supply my IMEI code can Vodafone tell me if they have asked APPLE to unlock my phone and as i'm not a Vodafone customer how do I ask them this question without filling in the online form?

Can anyone answer this?

63johnw

Have you ever been a Vodafone customer using this phone on the Vodafone UK network?

no my daughter bought it from her employer when they recalled all the company phones and gave her the option to purchase it, they also took care of the unlocking with Vodafone and this morning gave her the code and instructions I referred to earlier. So no I have not used or been a Vodafone customer using this iPhone.

jeffkinn
With all due respect, the fact that you've left out the most important element of the equation is why you're getting bad advice. If the firm has requested the unlock you'll have to wait for Apple to process it. The other alternative is to get a PAYG sim and use it for 30 days and then request the unlock. No network unlocks phones for people who are not their customers.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw

That may be where you are struggling, if after a few weeks it isn't unlocked you will either have to get them to try and get it unlocked again, or put a Vodafone Payg SIM in and use it for 30 days on the network, making some calls, sending some texts, then after 30 days you can request the unlock yourself.

BandOfBrothers

To add....

although that model of iPhone should unlock by inserting the activated alternative Network SIM card it could be beneficial to hook up to your computer and launch iTunes to complete the unlocking process @raunchpr

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

iTunes displays the same error message perhaps it just not yet unlocked...i'll wait a few weeks and see...thanks to all for taking time to reply....

jeffkinn
Keep trying every day as there isn't any kind of alert to let you know it's been done.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

ok i will....thanks...