Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking iphone 6s

lufc10
2: Seeker

Hi . Ive been trying to unlock my vodafone locked  iphone 6s and after submiting  2 unlock forms I have twice been told that the IMEI is not correct and resubmit the correct one. But it is the correct one . I have contacted cust services and they say it will be ok just resubmit, but the email i get back   ( after 10 days, each time ) states that the number is incorrect  . The IMEi number in the return mail is the one on the phone. Any help would be appreciated  Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @lufc10

Has the iPhone ever been replaced by Apple or any insurance company claim ? 

Just to confirm you have fulfilled the criteria set out in this Vodafone Link > How-do-I-unlock-my-phone-or-tablet-to-use-on-another-network. And Unlocking-your-phone-NUC.

ie Payg Account > sim has been used to make calls,texts etc for 30 days. 

Pay Monthly > x3 bills paid on time. 

If the answer is yes then if you speak with Customer Services they can discuss you with how to contact the Nuc Department which is usually via email. 

It's best imo not to submit too many unlocking requests as the network could flag that as a potential fraud situation. 

To note > 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Thanks for the reply. No the phone hasnt been replaced for insurance and I checked all the criteria . Its just doesnt seem to recognise the IMEI number.aand its definatly the one on the phone. Ive done a Mend check on the phone ( to make sure its all legitimate) and it is. I will try customer services again today but not sure whatelse to do .

BandOfBrothers

Ok. 

They should be able to help with this via the Nuc department so that they can check things over and hopefully get the ball moving. 

Until Vodafone accept your request to unlock there isn't anything that can be done as Apple wouldn't engage with you over a network locked phone either. 

Current Phone  >

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lufc10 - I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’re having with this.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

Denisdenizuk

Hello! how do i have to do to unlock my phone, i am in romania and there is no card here

jeffkinn

Assuming you bought the phone over the internet and you live in Romania, you will have a problem. The next method is to buy a Vodafone UK pay as you go sim card and use it for 30 days but you can only do that here in the UK and it has to be used on the UK mobile phone network. 

You won't be able to get it unlocked while you and the phone are in Romania I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I bought this phone from a shop in King's lyyn. Is there no other way to unlock it?

jeffkinn

I’m afraid not. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

One option which to be honest I'm not keen on is to ask a standalone High street phone shop that offers unlocking for a fee. 

Don't use online websites. 

That or sell the iPhone to use the funds to buy one that'll accept your Networks sim card. 

Current Phone  >