main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

vodafone accout

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi, I'm from Czech Republic, and I need to unlock my Iphone 5S locked to VODAFONE UK. Can someone of You guys give me an access to account or unlock it for me please? I will really appreaciate it. And sorry for my bad english BTW. Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
16: Advanced member

@pakolka wrote:

Ok thank you, but now i dont know how to get a vodafone uk sim, cause I live in Czechia so... 

As said previously, you have to not only have a Vodafone UK SIM, but you have to use it on the Vodafone UK network for at least 30 days. 

Now, as you live in Czech Republic, you will need to send the phone to a friend or family member in the UK to use on Vodafone UK for 30 days.  Once this has been done you can request the unlock. 

PWIAC

View more options
14 REPLIES

Hi there

In order to unlock your phone, you will need to purchase a Vodafone UK PAYG SIM card and use that on the Vodafone UK network for 30 days.  Then you can request that the device is unlocked. There is no charge for the unlocking.

As it is an iPhone, it will be unlocked via iTunes.  Please be aware that once Vodafone send the request off to Apple to action, it can sometimes take Apple over 3 weeks to action the request.  You will be able to check to see if the phone has been unlcoked by connecting it to iTunes with a non Vodafone UK SIM card in it.  When the unlock has been actioned, you will get a message in iTunes telling you so.

PWIAC

View more options

Ok thank you, but now i dont know how to get a vodafone uk sim, cause I live in Czechia so... 

View more options
17: Community Champion
Hi. You have to use it in UK for 30 days
View more options

Hello @pakolka

Are you in the Uk now ? You'll need to be as the phone has to be used on the Vodafone Uk Network. 

Can you ask the original owner to request the unlock ?

The iPhone cannot be unlocked from your post here. 

More help here >

Vodafone Unlocking Help and Support.

NUC Unlocking information.

Vodafone Unlocking Form.

Current Phone > Samsung Note9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

@pakolka wrote:

As said previously, you have to not only have a Vodafone UK SIM, but you have to use it on the Vodafone UK network for at least 30 days. 

Now, as you live in Czech Republic, you will need to send the phone to a friend or family member in the UK to use on Vodafone UK for 30 days.  Once this has been done you can request the unlock. 

PWIAC

View more options

@pakolka wrote:

Your a little stuck then unless the original owner can unlock it. 

Or you can send it to someone you know in the U.K.  They use it on Payg for 30 days , unlock it and send it back to you. 

Or sell it on and buy one that's unlocked to all networks or locked to your own network. 

View more options

Alright, it's almost impossible for me to send my Iphone to UK, but thank you for help 

View more options

You're welcome. 

As I say you could sell it on and or if purchased from a selling site check it's listing to see if it said it was locked to Vodafone Uk or not. You may have a case to dispute if so. You'd need to check any terms of the site. 

View more options

@pakolka wrote:

Alright, it's almost impossible for me to send my Iphone to UK, but thank you for help 

Sorry to hear that.  Where did you buy it from?  Perhaps you can arrange a return?

PWIAC

View more options

I bought it on a site like eBay but from CZ , so the return may not be possible

View more options

@pakolka wrote:

It's worth checking if only to rule that option out. 

I wish you well. 

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

@pakolka wrote:

You will be able to raise a dispute if the phone was sold as unlocked.

If it did not state that or even if it did not state it was locked to Vodafone it would be up to the buyer to ask the relevant questions.

View more options
2: Seeker

i have bought my friends iPhone and she has asked vodafone to unlock it via the web form. they said there was a problem and that the phone has not been used with vodafone for the last thirty days. What utter nonsense!!! she has had her vodafone SIM for 2 years in this phone. I think vodafone is being deliberately awkward here and have been given the pass around by people in the shop and over the phone. is no one capable of sorting this out. terrible customer service. has anyone ever heard of this issue and what we can do to sort it???

View more options

@lawman67 - How strange! We don’t want you to feel like we’re being awkward.

If the number your friend gave on the network unlock form, is the one she's used in the phone within the last 30 days, then our system should reflect this.

We can take a look and then escalate it to our Network unlock team.

Please ask the original account holder, to send their details by following the steps in this private message.

View more options