Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone app for iphone

elly11
4: Newbie

ive downloaded the app for iphone 5s, unable to actually log in. ive tried without wifi several times...keeps saying technical difficulties. can anyone advise?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Try deleting the app and re download it. 

Are you able to use the myvodafone app on another phone and login which would help indicate if this is your iPhone at issue or your account.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

elly11
Ive tried downloading it again, i can log into my account online! Its just the app, its the first time ive downloaded it on a phone

BandOfBrothers

What happens or pops up when you attempt to login into the myvodafone app you've downloaded from your App Store ?

Are there any pending updates for the App ? Check in your settings. 

Current Phone  >

elly11
It just says technical difficulties and to try and log in with data which i have! Switched wifi off, no updates so im not sure.thanks

BandOfBrothers

Ok,

When you delete the app from your phone then also access your apps in your iTunes from a computer and delete it from there also. 

Have you been able to use the myvodafone app previously on this phone or a previous phone ?

If it has worked before has anything been changed recently?

Along with my earlier advice it maybe beneficial to also speak with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat. 

There was a known issue with the App in November 2016 ~ Vodafone-Announcements/My-Vodafone-app.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @elly11

Lets see if this can be solved for you.

You don't mention if you are on PAYG or pay monthly.  If you are pay monthly, you usually receive that message when you have only just started your contract and have no billing information.  When you account is up and running with billing information, the application usually follows. It can take up to a month for the application to work after starting the contract.

The first thing to do is start again, this means deleting the copy from your icloud account and application your phone.   You may find doing a network reset by going into your settings, scrolling down to reset, solves the problem.

If you have set up an online account before downloading a fresh copy of the application, this will help the application follow.

If problems persists, it may be necessary to do a factory reset of the phone to clear everthing after backing up to itunes.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@elly11 

Thanks for letting us know about the issues your having with your My Vodafone app.

If the issues are still persisting, please speak with the My Vodafone Live Chat team.