Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

where is my nuc code?

Wolfiefish
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello all.

It has now been 3 weeks since they accepted the details provided to send me an unlock code. Yes I was told that it might take 10 days for Apple to release the NUC code. But the 10 days have elaspsed.

Could you please send me my NUC code.

Or put me in touch with someone who can help.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you are waiting for a code for your iPhone, you will be waiting for a very long time - there is no such thing.  iPhones are unlocked through iTunes and not by a physical code like other devices.  Unfortunately this means that Apple have to be involved in the process and they are notriously slow so a wait of 3 weeks or more isn't uncommon.

You can check at any point to see if your phone has been unlocked.  Simply pop a non Vodafone SIM card in the device and then connect it to iTunes.  If the unlocking has been completed by Apple, a message will pop up telling you the device has been unlocked.  You have to do this step to complete the unlocking - it will remain locked until you do.  

If it hasn't been unlocked, you will need to contact customer service and they will need help you query this with the NUC resolutions team. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wolfiefish

Dont worry you're not the first to be not fully aware of how an iPhone is unlocked.

i.e. Not a physical unlock code a person would input into the phone. 

When you use another Networks SIM card its best to use one that's from one of the main networks and not an virtual operator option.  Also ensure its an activated Sim Card. 

From the iPhone 5 models onwards you probably find no need to hook up to iTunes as the phone itself completes the unlock process. 

Apple can take 20-30 days occasionally to complete their side of the unlocking sequence. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.