cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google Pixel 6a 4G Calling (VoLTE) Not Working – Will it ever be supported?

bikelight
2: Seeker

Recently I've noticed during a phone call I can no longer access the internet on my Google Pixel 6a. This means WhatsApp messages etc. don't come through when on a call. I have a very specific need to be able to access internet during calls.

I'm guessing this is because 3G has been recently switched off in my area so now the phone reverts back to 2G during a phone call.

The Pixel 6a device itself supports 4G calling (VoLTE) however it seems Vodafone have not provided support for the Pixel 6a? why is this? I simply don't see the 4G calling option in settings.

It looks like Vodafone supports 4G calling on lots of Pixel devices from the Pixel 4 through to the newest Pixel 8 however the 6a is conspicuously missing.

Is it something that is being worked on? can we expect support in the near future? I see the 6a is sold through your store so I'm baffled as to why it is not supported.

3 REPLIES 3

bikelight

Strangely I just tried the 4G Calling IMEI compatibility check tool on the Vodafone website and it says "Your device is compatible". Is it because the phone wasn't bought directly from Vodafone? it was purchased on Amazon (UK).

Hi @bikelight 👋 The first thing to check is that your phone is running the most recent update for it's operating system, then check if the option is turned on in your phone settings, you can see how to do this here. If you're still having issues please contact us via the details here and we can make sure everything is setup correctly on your account.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You may have to turn it on manually. Lebara can't get VoLTE working with Pixels either, so you have to enable it using PixelIMS (google it) to enable it.