Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE issues

cooperphil1975
3: Seeker

Hi, I've recently got myself a Samsung s24 ultra direct with Samsung and I'm having issues with VOLTE and hoping someone can help.

I don't have the VOLTE menu on my phone so when I'm trying to use Internet when I'm on a call it doesn't work.

I've called Vodafone up and they said that it's activated on my account. I put my sons 3 network sim in to my phone and the VOLTE menu came up straight away. 

Is anyone having the same issues?

Thanks

Phil

7 REPLIES 7

cooperphil1975

Hi, I've recently got myself a Samsung s24 ultra direct with Samsung and I'm having issues with VOLTE and hoping someone can help.

I don't have the VOLTE menu on my phone so when I'm trying to use Internet when I'm on a call it doesn't work.

I've called Vodafone up and they said that it's activated on my account. I put my sons 3 network sim in to my phone and the VOLTE menu came up straight away. 

Is anyone having the same issues?

Thanks

Phil

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It would worth checking the software updates on your new phone @cooperphil1975 , there may be one to include WiFi and 4G calling.  There is further information here : Set up 4G calling 

Also see device guides here: Device Guides follow the Guide for the S24, it will be the same as the Ultra.

If you are still unable to set this up live chat will help, there is also the Social Team here: Contact Us 

Hi AnnS, thanks for getting back to me. I've put my IMEI in the checker but Vodafone doesn't recognise it, mabe because it's new. The phone is on the latest software update as samsung hasn't released any other. I did put a 3 network sim in the phone and the VoLTE menu came up straight away so this shows that it's not a phone issue it's a Vodafone issue. I've been on to Vodafone customer service and I've been told it's a known issue and they are looking into it. Not sure if this is correct. If someone else has a samsung s24 ultra and has the VoLTE menu could they please let me know. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I have an S24 Ultra direct from Samsung and VoLTE works.

Vodafone hide the menu option to enable it.  It shows up for my EE SIM.

So when on a call, what does your phone drop down to? 2G?

Hi Chistery, thanks for the response. When I get a call i it drops down to 2g. I was previously on Vodafone with no issues on a Samsung Note 9. I even had the VoLTE menu on the phone. 

If you are near a Vodafone store, a SIM replacement may be worth trying.

Janey

Hi @cooperphil1975 and @chistery  Thanks for your posts. If you still aren't seeing the option for 4G Calling in your setup,  please drop our team a message on our social channels found here - just be sure to let them know you've posted on our forum. We can speak with our Mobile Tech Team and see if the settings need to be sent over to your phone.