cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry Passport will Vodafone stock?

Aneres11
4: Newbie
Evening all.

The new BlackBerry Passport is due to be unveiled by BB at an event in London on the 24th September.

Do Vodafone have any information regarding availability? I know BlackBerry isn't massively supported these days but Vodafone are generally very good with their BB selection.

Any news on whether it will be available?

Cheers
35 REPLIES 35

phabellis
1: Seeker

same question

When will you have the new blackberry passport in stock. I note Vodafone germany has already announced its availability

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

We don’t have any info on this at the moment but you can keep an eye on our blog for what’s coming soon. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny 

According to this news page BlackBerry have suggested VodafoneUK will be stocking it in the next few days:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/network/blackberry-passport/22722/did-uks-networks-just-shun-blackberr...

Well... I tried VodafoneUK "Business" this morning.  The first person I spoke to was very helpful but had not heard of the Passport.  We started the process to get me an early upgrade from my Z10 but then discovered that VodafoneUK "Business" does not currently plan to stock today's hottest business handset!  I guess Carphone Warehouse is going to welcome defectors and their wallets with open arms.  🙂

OK... I think I may have to backtrack a little and apologise.  I was told this morning to watch the 'coming soon' website as mentioned in one of the posts above.  This now appears at the top of the list of 'coming phones':

BlackBerry Passport
With its unique 4.5-inch square display, BlackBerry 10.3 OS and full QWERTY keyboard, the BlackBerry Passport is built with productivity in mind. That’s why it’ll only be available to Vodafone Business customers when it lands on 1 October.

So of course I phoned VodafoneUK straight away, and again the person I spoke to had not heard of the phone.  So we agreed that I should phone back after 1st October when they might actually have some pricing for the Passport... but at least there does now seem to be a glimmer of light on the horizon!

I really hope Vodafone will make this phone available to everyone, not just business customers. I have been waiting to upgrade to this for ages, and to be told that Vodafone might not have it for personal customers is a bit of a blow.

Try looking in carphone warehouse they have it listed and it might be quicker than this waste of space company

WHEN WILLBE AVELIABLE BlackBerry PASSPORT!!!!!!

@MichaelTawroginski wrote:

WHEN WILLBE AVELIABLE BlackBerry PASSPORT!!!!!!

As you will have seen from this post the handset is only available on business tariffs and not on consumer ones. 

PWIAC