main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

BlackBerry Passport will Vodafone stock?

Aneres11
4: Newbie
Evening all.

The new BlackBerry Passport is due to be unveiled by BB at an event in London on the 24th September.

Do Vodafone have any information regarding availability? I know BlackBerry isn't massively supported these days but Vodafone are generally very good with their BB selection.

Any news on whether it will be available?

Cheers
View more options
35 REPLIES 35
phabellis
1: Seeker

same question

When will you have the new blackberry passport in stock. I note Vodafone germany has already announced its availability

View more options
Jenny

Hi guys,

We don’t have any info on this at the moment but you can keep an eye on our blog for what’s coming soon. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny 

View more options
LordLanky
6: Helper

According to this news page BlackBerry have suggested VodafoneUK will be stocking it in the next few days:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/network/blackberry-passport/22722/did-uks-networks-just-shun-blackberr...

View more options
wamwebster
2: Seeker

Well... I tried VodafoneUK "Business" this morning.  The first person I spoke to was very helpful but had not heard of the Passport.  We started the process to get me an early upgrade from my Z10 but then discovered that VodafoneUK "Business" does not currently plan to stock today's hottest business handset!  I guess Carphone Warehouse is going to welcome defectors and their wallets with open arms.  🙂

View more options
wamwebster

OK... I think I may have to backtrack a little and apologise.  I was told this morning to watch the 'coming soon' website as mentioned in one of the posts above.  This now appears at the top of the list of 'coming phones':

BlackBerry Passport
With its unique 4.5-inch square display, BlackBerry 10.3 OS and full QWERTY keyboard, the BlackBerry Passport is built with productivity in mind. That’s why it’ll only be available to Vodafone Business customers when it lands on 1 October.

So of course I phoned VodafoneUK straight away, and again the person I spoke to had not heard of the phone.  So we agreed that I should phone back after 1st October when they might actually have some pricing for the Passport... but at least there does now seem to be a glimmer of light on the horizon!

View more options
Pierre123

I really hope Vodafone will make this phone available to everyone, not just business customers. I have been waiting to upgrade to this for ages, and to be told that Vodafone might not have it for personal customers is a bit of a blow.

View more options
Spider_Tactical

Try looking in carphone warehouse they have it listed and it might be quicker than this waste of space company

View more options
Aneres11
Carphonewarehouse started selling the BlackBerry passport yesterday. I'm typing this message on mine right now! And I'm not a business user. They also have some great contracts I got mine for £30.50 a month and the phone was free!

Don't bother waiting for vodafone: it's a great phone!
View more options
Phil
Administrator

Hi everyone, 

At the moment we will only be releasing the BlackBerry Passport to business customers.  

It'll be available from 1 October, so give your business team a call then if you're interested in this great phone :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Phil

View more options
Pierre123

Phil,

This is not the answer I wanted to hear. I am a loyal Vodafone customer and I don't want to go elsewhere. Are you really saying that, just because I am not a business customer, I cannot get this phone through Vodafone?

View more options
no_signal_here

What a shame. I've popped into Vodafone stores in a few locations on my travels and no-one has a clue about Blackberry Passport, they're only interested in i-phones for youngsters. Oddly enough your Retford store actually had a couple of handsets in, but didn't know if they were able to sell them. Not very good Vodafone....I think there are still 79 million Blackberry users out there most of which like the OS and the keypad.

View more options
Lalabum
3: Seeker
Hi Phil,
That's really disappointing to hear. You say it's available for "Business only" customers, yet CPW & mobile phones direct are able to offer them to customers on Vodafone pay monthly contracts?! I am aware that it's an "at the moment" statement, so the situation may change, but if other companies can offer your pay monthly tariffs with a free BlackBerry Passport then why can't you?
View more options
Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lalabum,

This is a business decision and something that may change in the future.

Thanks,

Matt B

View more options
BB21PASSPORT

Hi!

What are the tariffs available for this device???

View more options
wamwebster

Just called today 1st October as a small business customer.  Contrary to what it says on the 'incoming' section of the vodafone website it is still not in stock and not available to pre-order, so advice is to watch business website and call back when the Passport appears in the list of devices on offer...

You have to be determined to be a BlackBerry customer nowadays.  🙂

View more options
Lalabum
3: Seeker
You'll have to check their websites yourself. The links I provided have been removed but they are available.
Regards,
Lalabum
View more options
stavers

OK - so they have it in stock.

I phoned the upgrades team who could not help as they did not have it listed and was advised to keep checking the website.

HOWEVER...

I then phoned the retentions team and was told it was in stock.  I then spoke with them about it and it is being delivered tomorrow:smileyhappy:

My first BlackBerry device so fingers crossed it's a good one.

View more options
wamwebster

Thanks Stavers... I am waiting on a callback now. :smileyhappy:

View more options
wamwebster

Success!  :smileyhappy:

View more options