cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry Passport will Vodafone stock?

Aneres11
4: Newbie
Evening all.

The new BlackBerry Passport is due to be unveiled by BB at an event in London on the 24th September.

Do Vodafone have any information regarding availability? I know BlackBerry isn't massively supported these days but Vodafone are generally very good with their BB selection.

Any news on whether it will be available?

Cheers
35 REPLIES 35

Speaking to the upgrades team in Belfast the other day, I was told there are ways you can get the Passport as a consumer. It involves putting people onto a temporary business contract, and then putting them back on the consumer tariff.

Aneres11
4: Newbie
Carphonewarehouse started selling the BlackBerry passport yesterday. I'm typing this message on mine right now! And I'm not a business user. They also have some great contracts I got mine for £30.50 a month and the phone was free!

Don't bother waiting for vodafone: it's a great phone!

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

At the moment we will only be releasing the BlackBerry Passport to business customers.  

It'll be available from 1 October, so give your business team a call then if you're interested in this great phone :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Phil

Phil,

This is not the answer I wanted to hear. I am a loyal Vodafone customer and I don't want to go elsewhere. Are you really saying that, just because I am not a business customer, I cannot get this phone through Vodafone?

What a shame. I've popped into Vodafone stores in a few locations on my travels and no-one has a clue about Blackberry Passport, they're only interested in i-phones for youngsters. Oddly enough your Retford store actually had a couple of handsets in, but didn't know if they were able to sell them. Not very good Vodafone....I think there are still 79 million Blackberry users out there most of which like the OS and the keypad.

Lalabum
3: Seeker
Hi Phil,
That's really disappointing to hear. You say it's available for "Business only" customers, yet CPW & mobile phones direct are able to offer them to customers on Vodafone pay monthly contracts?! I am aware that it's an "at the moment" statement, so the situation may change, but if other companies can offer your pay monthly tariffs with a free BlackBerry Passport then why can't you?

Hi Lalabum,

This is a business decision and something that may change in the future.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi!

What are the tariffs available for this device???

wamwebster
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just called today 1st October as a small business customer.  Contrary to what it says on the 'incoming' section of the vodafone website it is still not in stock and not available to pre-order, so advice is to watch business website and call back when the Passport appears in the list of devices on offer...

You have to be determined to be a BlackBerry customer nowadays.  🙂

Lalabum
You'll have to check their websites yourself. The links I provided have been removed but they are available.
Regards,
Lalabum