Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Oneplus One activating data and picture messages

TomNixon
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, 

I have just bought a Oneplus One, after transfering my sim card from my old iphone to the OPO I received the text message saying 

"It looks like you've recently swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sedning picture messages, you need to update your settings manually as your device doesnt support automatic settings updates."

The problem is I can't find anything explaining how to update these settings when following the link provided on my OPO, so currently stuck! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The APN's for Android are

HOW TO CONNECT AN ANDROID PHONE TO VODAFONE MOBILE INTERNET
Getting your Android handset online can be a challenge when it comes to putting the settings in manually but don’t worry, we're here to help.

From the home screen:

Tap the Menu button
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless and networks or More... (depending on your version of Android)
Tap Mobile Networks
Tap Access point names
Tap the Menu button
Tap New APN
Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Name - Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
MMS Port - 8799
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - If given a choice, select internet+mms, if the keyboard appears enter *
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the Menu button
Tap Save
Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it
Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working

You may need to contact customer services on 191 or Live Chat to ask for your account to be Re Provisioned for MMS Id it does not work for MMS. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers

Hi

The APN's for Android are

HOW TO CONNECT AN ANDROID PHONE TO VODAFONE MOBILE INTERNET
Getting your Android handset online can be a challenge when it comes to putting the settings in manually but don’t worry, we're here to help.

From the home screen:

Tap the Menu button
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless and networks or More... (depending on your version of Android)
Tap Mobile Networks
Tap Access point names
Tap the Menu button
Tap New APN
Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Name - Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
MMS Port - 8799
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - If given a choice, select internet+mms, if the keyboard appears enter *
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the Menu button
Tap Save
Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it
Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working

You may need to contact customer services on 191 or Live Chat to ask for your account to be Re Provisioned for MMS Id it does not work for MMS. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you very much for your help, I'm now getting a 'G' above the gps signal bars. Is this indication it's now working and I'm just in a low signal area with gprs? 

BandOfBrothers

Hi

"G
G is the slowest and oldest internet connection speed. It stands for GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), and because of the slow data rate it’s only useful for sending a few messages on WhatsApp."

Can you please check if you've not already done so what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

This will highlight any mast issues and also advise an indication on what connections you could achieve in that particular area. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

As well as checking reception in your area, also have a look under Settings|Mobile Data to make sure the connection is set to LTE (or 4G)/3G auto.

If it is, and you should be able to get 3 or 4G where you are, it's possible the device doesn't support the frequences Vodafone uses.  For 3G, this is typically 800mhz - some imported devices use 850.   There is also a higher frequency (2600, from memory) that's used in built-up areas, so you may find you can get 3G (maybe even 4G) some of the time.

Hi,

Following the steps, when I get to Add New APN, I am unable to due to "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user"

Access Point Name settings are not available for this user

hrym

That's an odd one.   What phone is it?   I assume you're the main user and not logged in as a guest?

It's the OnePlus One.

Having the same issues as the original poster - I've got signal but cannot use MMS or mobile data.

I am on Vodafone Contract.

It has me down as Owner when I go to the User tab.

hrym

If you haven't already, try texting WEB to 40127.   You should get a text back saying settings will be sent to you shortly.  This implies they'll come by text but you won't see it as a normal message.   Look for a notification that says settings have been received and that you should tap to complete.  Do that.

You could also look in Settings|Mobile Date and possibly More and see if there's an option for "Get settings from provider", which will pull them donw proactively.

Yeah I did try texting WEB to 40127

The response from Vodafone is:

It looks like you've swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn't support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo

Going on that page, I found that there was no option to download manual settings for the OnePlus One.

As far as I can see, there is no option for Get Settings from Provider.