Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded to fibre 76 slower speeds from fibre 38

syko
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

I have just recently joined vodafone home boardband ( 3 weeks ago ) and  was getting a good steady download  speed of about 37mbps ( 40 mbps to the router )  and about 5mbps upload for  a good two weeks

I then decided to switch to the fibre 76 package last week , this took affect from last friday  (9th june )

on the thursday night (8th)  a ran a speed test and was 37mbps

On friday morning i ran an other speed test and noticed it had dropped over night to 28mbps loosing about 9mbps from the night before. 

it has remained at 28mbps since then ( 4 days ago  in total ) and  it has not moved at all , i have ran speed tests at different times of the day over the weekend  and it has remained the  same speed all of the time, ( 28mbps) 

I  have phoned fibre team , only to be told that the DLM has been initated and there's nothing that their can do for the next week or so ,

I  would of thought i would of seen higher speeds from the 1st day of going live with the 76 package

not to lose speed and stay a lot lower than i had before.

so what i would like to know is , how long before i notice my speeds increase  with this DLM in place ?

surely i should be seeing higher speeds by now .

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@syko

As you've recently upgraded to unlimited fibre 76Mbps, we'll be running tests during the first 7 days to optimise your speeds. This may be the reason that the team have asked you to contact them after this time.

Once you're past this period, re-run the speed tests and check what's happening. If you find that you're still experiencing the same issue, give them a quick call.

Thanks Carly 

So when "vodfone" are running tests , does that mean that i wont see the speeds increase at my end , 

I just find it very strange to see ( or not to see ) my speeds not to increasing at all  (most of all it has  decreased ) ,

5 days it has remained the same now .

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

Normally the DLM for fibre connects you at the highest speed and brings it down based on the number of errors.  It's possible it's got 'stuck' but normally ISPs won't do anything until the training period is over.  Make sure you're not rebooting the router during this time

@MrWhite wrote:

Normally the DLM for fibre connects you at the highest speed and brings it down based on the number of errors.  It's possible it's got 'stuck' but normally ISPs won't do anything until the training period is over.  Make sure you're not rebooting the router during this time

Thanks Mr white.

I  gathered  vodafone couldn't do much while this was progress (DLM) and TBH they did say there's nothing much they can do , so i guess i'll just have to wait til tuesday ultill the "test "finishes   

then phone them again , there's definitely something not right as i have gone from 37 down to 30 .

rosskent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hey,

same with me.. althought i have been with Vodafone for 6 months. Intermitantlly dropping out during the day and test today showed download speed 9.5 mbps and upload speed of 8.0 mbps

NO idea what I am paying fibre for when i have dial up connection speeds!! 

Im still on 30megs , that hasn't changed even after the test ( DLM) and an engineer out ( it's been about 2 weeks now ), and can't even get back upto  the 37 megs i had before. 

i have the option to drop back down to the 38 package ,  which im going to,  too save a little bit of money , iv been wanting fast speeds for ever and a day  , but i guess my line can't handle it , and to be honest iv had enough of trying to get fast speeds , i just going to call it a day on this , just means i had to wait that little bit long for something to download :Sad_face:

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @rosskent

That's not good to hear.

Are you having issues with your speed constantly or intermittantly?

It may be worth checking you're connected correctly to your master socket. If it's a filtered one, please make sure that you're only using the one micro-filter.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Constantly..

changed the channels as suggested by online support yesterday and nothing is giving me the speeds for fibre. 

@rosskent - Have you checked your router status and can you see what speed you are connected at (rather than the download speed you're getting)?  If this is low, i.e. in the 30-40 range, then it's also worth looking at the time since last reboot and PPoE uptime.  If it seems your router is losing connection often, it could be an issue with the line stability.

Lastly, you could also try connecting to the test socket behind the master socket (you'll need to use a microfilter) to rule out any issue with the master socket's filter.