Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded to fibre 76 slower speeds from fibre 38

syko
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

I have just recently joined vodafone home boardband ( 3 weeks ago ) and  was getting a good steady download  speed of about 37mbps ( 40 mbps to the router )  and about 5mbps upload for  a good two weeks

I then decided to switch to the fibre 76 package last week , this took affect from last friday  (9th june )

on the thursday night (8th)  a ran a speed test and was 37mbps

On friday morning i ran an other speed test and noticed it had dropped over night to 28mbps loosing about 9mbps from the night before. 

it has remained at 28mbps since then ( 4 days ago  in total ) and  it has not moved at all , i have ran speed tests at different times of the day over the weekend  and it has remained the  same speed all of the time, ( 28mbps) 

I  have phoned fibre team , only to be told that the DLM has been initated and there's nothing that their can do for the next week or so ,

I  would of thought i would of seen higher speeds from the 1st day of going live with the 76 package

not to lose speed and stay a lot lower than i had before.

so what i would like to know is , how long before i notice my speeds increase  with this DLM in place ?

surely i should be seeing higher speeds by now .

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

I am getting sub 10 Mbps.. the router had been restarted every time the channel was changed to ensure this was a new connection. Still no improvement.

Is that connected speed or download speed?

If you reboot your router often after making config changes, then this can also lead DLM to think there's an issue with the line and reduce speed accordingly.

Download..

end of of the day.. I should be getting fibre speeds for fibre money. It's like pulling teeth to get anything fixed. Change channel. Wait. Restart. Wait. Don't restart often. Wait. Check. Wait. 

Just want it fixed. Wait. 

You really need to check what speed you are connected at by logging in to the router and looking at the connection speeds.  This will help determine where the issue lies.  Poor download speed could, in theory, just be high contention.

Also, make sure any speed tests you do are via a wired connection.

Personally, I've had some very erratic download speeds recently (even I connect at 40Mbps download), seeing anything from 1Mbps up to 38Mbps.  So, I know my connection is 'good', but there's something affecting the download (congestion, the new router firmware etc.)