Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't upgrade to Full Fibre 500 from Full Fibre 100

FarriersWay
1: Seeker

Got an email from Vodafone that's offering Full Fibre 500 for £31 per month. Currently has Full Fibre 100 and paying £30.86 hence it make sense to top up 14p per month for 500.

My order got cancelled 4 times after the team help me to reorder it. I rang up and been told that my local 'hub/cabinet' is probably full and my line is only capable up to 100 Mbps. The said they can't do anything and can't speak to OpenReach to upgrade my line to higher speed. Is this true?

I've checked with OpenReach, I've got email from them after i register for interest for Ultrafast speed broadband - Stating my property can get up to 1000Mbps speed.

FarriersWay_1-1712668867862.png

Not sure if Vodafone not wanting to honor the deal that they have sent to me by creating this excuse? or Vodafone on has a fixed amount of port in the cabinet for up to 1000 Mbps? If they don't have much allocation in the cabinet, will I get ultrafast with other provider? I've also checked with other provider (online checker), everyone of them is offering 900Mbps package for my property (including Voda). Below is BT detailed online broadband checked (which I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look at)

FarriersWay_0-1712668736153.png

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Firstly, full fibre doesn't use cabinets so that is definately not the problem.

Your pictures haven't been moderated yet, but I'm sure there is no technical reason you can't upgrade.