Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router access

fishy09
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So today is my activation day the router was actually online by 2 AM this morning, however when I tried to access the router settings through 192.168.1.1 it failed to connect & told me I had entered incorrect details which I had not and then locked me out, I tried to connect through the broadband App & also got the same message, so I then decided to connect my appliances x 9 through Wps which was another disaster as it appears not to work & has no flashing light as 99% of other brands have, I tried to call customer service this morning only to be told that I may not be able to access or change any settings for up to 7 days as the system requires up to that time to settle in !! I asked to be connected to the technical dept but was told they would have the same response so no point honestly words fail me as I have been with at least 6 different BB providers over the years & have never had an experience like this as soon as routers were online I accessed the admin settings & changed ssid to previous name & WiFi password also, bingo all appliances were online without having to type in 16 digit mixed case passwords into anything is there any reason for this to take a week ??

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I would suggest factory resetting the router, by holding in the reset button for at least 10 seconds.

Thanks but after spending most of the day messing with it deleting the broadband app twice & downloading again I eventually got what I can only call limited access to the router settings which let me rename my ssid however nothing is straightforward & the new password has to begin with a Capital letter which means changing all my appliances again 🙉 , I also discovered that tapping the Wps button 3 times activated it however there is still no flashing light or indication that its active so its pot luck with that

Cynric

@fishy09 As today hasn't ended yet, there's still time for VF to do something to commission your router.

Jayach

@fishy09 wrote:
I also discovered that tapping the Wps button 3 times activated it however there is still no flashing light or indication that its active so its pot luck with that

Assuming you have the THG3000, the Wi-Fi LED flashes whilst the WPS is active, but the "reflected off a grey base" LEDs are so dim it's not easy to tell.