Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Constant Drop Outs

kerryw92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Unsure if others have experienced the same issue as I have however I would like to put this here to warn other potential customers in the future.

My broadband was years ago on ADSL, slow but stable. When upgraded to FTTC back in 2018 with another provider drop outs started happening daily, yet usually early morning so didnt bother me too much.

Moved provider, same issue, line test showed an issue and openreach resolved within a week.

Moved from them to Vodafone, drop out issue back and considerably worse.

I have so far had Openreach out 5 times in the last 18 months, each time confirming its an issue at the exchange not my home, whatever they do seems to "fix" the issue for at most a week, then the connection drops come back other than once when it remained completely down for 48hours.

My broadband now drops out a good 10 times per day, Vodafone live chat goes in a loop when trying to explain to agents its not a wifi issue its a connection issue as it also knocks off ethernet devices.

Back in January I was sent an email and text explaining I would be offered compensation for the continued issues or have 30 days to leave my contract early without penalty. Day 25 I asked on live chat what the compensation amount was and they let me know it was being calculated to be taken off my next bill and to wait rather than leave.

Surprisingly my next bill was not discounted, no compensation paid, coincidentally the 30 day period to leave had then also passed.

Contacted live chat again regarding this, they would not offer compensation or allow me to leave the contract anymore without penalty and stated the entire communication was a mistake! I enquired if a 4g backup device could be provided as a gesture of goodwill to overcome the drop outs and sub par service however they would not budge.

Various firmware updates have been put onto my router to try resolve this, each time I am told to wait 48 hours for this to stabalize, I presume to close the case as it always comes back.

Fresh off live chat again today, initially blaming my TV for wifi issues however then reminded once more its affecting ethernet. This is now with the "Tech 2 team" to apparently resolve within 28hours, I am not convinced as this happened every single time.

Safe to say I have given up with Vodafones ability to resolve the broadband issue, glad to leave in 4 months and will gladly take all my business mobile contracts away with it.

0 REPLIES 0