Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router kicking off devices

Dunjenkeepa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just got Vodafone superfast broadband but  seem to have an issue with router. Got four devices that I know of that are having issues. Buffalo Nas drive connected by wired cat 6, randomly disappears and I'm unable to re- connect. If I reboot router it comes back on but then I can't connect again after about 5 minutes. Every now and again it randomly allows me to reconnect. I've got same issue with skyq box connected again by wired cable. Same thing with Alexa echo and my son's TV but those are connected via WiFi. Driving me crackers, logs on router not helping at all. Never had any issues with skyq router. Any clue as to what might be happening here??

6 REPLIES 6

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Dunjenkeepa Have a look at the router logs and see if there's anything.

While you are doing that, please turn off all the IPv6 setting in the router. The implementation of IPv6 has some teething problems.

Nothing in logs, but will try what you suggested. I'm thinking of just getting a better router as this one is so slow to administer. Does Vodafone allow this as with sky you had to use their router???

Cynric

@Dunjenkeepa You are free to use a router of your choice. There are discussions about various models on the forum.

Jayach

@Dunjenkeepa wrote:
I'm thinking of just getting a better router as this one is so slow to administer.

When the Vodafone router is slow to administer, it is often indicative of a misconfiguration of the LAN causing network storms, so do you have any extra networking devices on your LAN?

I've got two netgear wifi6 access points - but never had an issue with them with the sky q router??

I will disconnect every other device - I tried disabling IPV6 but still no joy, still got various issues with devices not working properly.