Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP Link Archer 2800 as router

P3asa
3: Seeker

Hi folks,

Ive been trying for most of the day to have my router TP Link 2800 connect to Vodafone instead of the THG3000

I've got my username and password and the settings from Vodafone but regardless of what I do it won't connect.

I had tried most of the settings Vodafone included in their text but have since read on here you don't have to change much if anything at all.

I had been messing about with VLAN, Authentication type and MTU then as I've said noticed a lot of forum posts stating, turn VLAN off and it should work but hasn't for me.

I'm on FTTP 910Mbps which I believe is via Openreach as I get 109Mbps upload.

So changing the username and password only on my TP Link 2800 doesn't connect me.

Anyone using this router or have any other suggestions?

I'm about to ask again for my username and password to make sure I've been given the correct details.

3 REPLIES 3

pwilliment

Hi, correct me if I am wrong but the only tp-link 2800 routers I can find are compatible  with VDSL2, ADSL2+, ADSL2 and ADSL so not suitable for use with an Openreach FTTP connection. A router with a Gigabit WAN port is needed. I use a tp-link AX53 which recognises the connection and asks for your username and password and then takes a few seconds to negotiate the connection.

P3asa

@pwilliment thanks, that was the first thing I thought of when it wouldn't work so wasn't sure although it does have a LAN/WAN port so I was hopeful.

I had a better search of the internet this morning and came across a similar question.

The solution that worked for me was:

Using the Tether app login to Router and select Tools
Go to Operation mode and change to Wireless Router.
The router will then reboot.
Go back into Tools and Internet Connection, change the connection type to PPPoE
Enter Username and Password 

Hope it helps someone else.

pwilliment

That is great, glad it is all working for you