Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube Antenna

bfreeman66
2: Seeker

I have just received my Gigacube in the post.  I live on the edge of a 5G area and get 5G on my mobile in some corners of my house but in others, I barely have a mobile signal at all.  If I stand across the street, I get full 5G. I purchased an external antenna for my Gigacube thinking that that might do the trick.  I cannot find a setting in the Gigacube web interface to switch to external antenna... anyone have any ideas how to do this?  I am really frustrated because my Gigacube is just about unusable if I can't boost the signal coming in.

8 REPLIES 8

Tallbox
Did you ever get this fixed/a reply? I’m in the same boat. Very frustrating

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tallbox -  I can understand your frustration if you're not getting a signal. To see what the expected coverage is like in your area, please enter your postcode onto our Network Status checker - Down the left-hand side, you’ll see the option to select 4G and 5G. This will show you the predicted coverage and if you click the ‘Data speed info’ option, it shows the expected speeds where you are. If you need any further help, then please let me know. 

hi - I have a signal, but believe it will be better if I can get my gigacube to recognise the external antenna that I have.

any instructions on how to get my gigacube to recognise this would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

With it being a non-Vodafone product, we'd be unable to support further with getting you connected to this - however having a quick search online I can see other forums that have more ideas about how to do this. 

Hopefully one of the Community users will be along soon with some suggestions 🙂

Thank you.  Any links to those forums? I’m struggling to locate.  Your help is greatly appreciated and understand it’s beyond your product set 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're unable to provider recommendations for non-Vodafone products @Tallbox.If you follow Amanda's advice of completing an online search, I'm sure you'll be able to find some assistance with this.

Hi. Understand.  Not found anything useful out there.  If anyone else on this community does know then I’d greatly appreciate being pointed at it

many thanks

Did anyone try an external aerial? can see a few on ebay\amazon upto 5db gain. are they worth it. some are £5 some £40, the higher end in the hundreds.

even seen some guy build one in tin on youtube.