Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Speeds are terrible

chris34732
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

So i signed up again to super fast 2 with the pro WIFI, start of the contract i was getting through to English call centres when i had issues then over the last month been through to Mumbai constantly i am  sick and tired of the slow speeds soon as someone downloads anything for example a 200mb file can say goodbye to any kind of streaming as it just stops, my internet is slow most evenings and the wifi boosters they provide keep disconnecting themselves load of crap. 

They have been told about this on numerous occasions but get fobbed off with the amount of devices on my router only issue is i cant even cancel the direct debit if they dont fix it as my mobiles are tied to the same plan

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

.@chris34732 Could you grab the router screen showing line speed, errors and signal strength please. Also go to a test site such as https://www.speedtest.net/ and https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ . The second one from BT is quite useful as it gives information from the green street cabinet.

lionatus
4: Newbie

Vodafone is limiting you speed artificially. They're doing it to me too and as far as I've seen many others too. The way its meant to be is the Openreach automated utility will max out you're line and reset, max out and reset, max out and reset. Eventually within 2 weeks you'll have the fastest stable line you can handle assuming you paid for it. But, I have Pro superfast 2 or whatever they call it. I am also an ex-Network Administrator and ex-CSM. They guys you talk to are NOT technically inclined and maybe have a crib sheet. I broke this twice and they referred to my contract speed minimum. I have NO copy of this contract and so they gave me a link which ended upbeing my online account. Guess WHAT? EVERY contract I have EXCEPT broadband. I buy now I get guaranteed 59Mbps but the max I get now for the same product is 44 despite the blurb saying anything up to what was it 78-96? ALL b*****ks. The CSM if you have technical expertise reverts to paperwork Vodafone intentionally hasn't sent you.