Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2G Connection only on 4G device.

brogild
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since the switch-off of 3G a few moths ago, i can now only connect at 2G. I know the device can do 4G because EE works fine even though reception for that network is far worse than Vodafone. I've tried a replacement sim for my account but nothing has changed. Also, putting the sim into a Vodafone 4G dongle still only connects at 2G. Thus I think the problem is connected with the account. I'm on PAYG and the APN settings on my phone are:

Name: PAYG WAP

APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password::*** (can't view this on my phone)

I know there is a connection, it's just very slow. The above settings are not editable on my phone and seem to arrive by download whenever i insert the sim, so if there is a problem it needs to change at the account level.

I'm planning to switch to Mobile Broadband when my cable contract finishes but with these unusable speeds I'll be looking for another carrier. I'm also asking this question of your account team on Twitter but haven't received a response yet. Please help me to stay with Vodafone..

1 REPLY 1

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @brogild - we want you to stay with us as well and I understand how important it is to have the best speeds. I can see you've mentioned you've contact us through Social Media. One of the team will be with you there and can take your address details. The local serving site that's used by your postcode, can then be looked into from our side.