Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancel broadband without being main account holder

Line03
1: Seeker

An ex boyfriend and I moved in together in 2018. We have a broadband contract under his name and I’m only the secondary person on the account. We broke up and are not in good terms. He also permanently moved to Peru. I would like the cancel my contract but I have no way to do it, we can’t pass the ownership as we need to be available at the same time and on the phone together with Vodafone. He’s refusing to help me with it. 
I could just stop the payments but I’m worried this could affect my credit score. Any help is welcome! 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you know some information about your ex, try completing a change of ownership to your name, this will give you control over the account.  The online form is here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/transfer-of-ownership/form/

I shouldn't say it, otherwise get some guy you know to call with you, with adequate information they won't know who he is.

Thanks Ann

yes I filled in that form but they emailed saying they needed to talk to him to confirm some info so I guess back to your second option. Was hoping there was a way to avoid doing that but it doesn’t seem like there is! Thank you!