Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NW5 signal

Ianbostridge
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

have to travel at least 5 mins from the house to get adequate signal

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

NW5 1PH

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Poor signal, slow internet search, inadequate video calling 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Beginning of this year

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

permanent. It’s never good but sometimes even worse

3 REPLIES 3

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Ianbostridge! I've taken a look at the postcode you've provided and the coverage is good indoors and outdoors for 2G, 3G, and 4G. There is no 5G in your area at the moment. I've also taken a look at the specific mast you connect to (No. 86116) and there is no downtime or maintenance currently. You're able to check any maintenance in your postcode at any time by entering it into our Network Status Checker: www.vodafone.co.uk/nsc.

In the meantime, if you've got a Wi-Fi connection at home, you can use Wi-Fi calling and texting to keep in contact with people. To get this set up on your phone, please click here for more information.

I would recommend reaching out to our Social Media team here so we're able to complete security and check over your account with you 🙂

I’ve already been in touch with someone else from Vodafone on Twitter. Apparently two nearby masts are under repair which may affect my mast ? But honestly, this problem has been going on for months and it is simply not true to say there is no coverage issue in my area - I have a coverage issue and you are not dealing with it ! To suggest using my broadband is an extraordinary response. I am paying you to provide an adequate 4G service. 

Thanks for letting us know you've been in touch over Twitter @Ianbostridge 

We're the same team who look after Twitter and Facebook, we'll continue the conversation on there 🙂 if you have any further questions, please just reply to our last message.