Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G+ not working at home

haroony2j
4: Newbie

I use a samsung galaxy s20 ultra 5G.

I'm a pay monthly customer on the unlimited max plan based in London.

Up until yesterday my speed on the phone was perfect probably close to around 70 mbps. However as of yesterday I can barely get 4 mbps, because of this I can't tether data or use the phone properly at home I've had to resort to wi-fi. 

There has been no change to the software of the device or any scaffolding put up outside or anything but I've noticed the + symbol is missing next to my 4g when idle and when in use.

I have tried rebooting the device, airplane mode on and off etc. But there has been no improvement. 

Interestingly when I leave the house I can see the + symbol and the speed seems relatively okay although I haven't tested it yet properly.

Any ideas on what I can do or what could have changed? I could understand if I've just moved house but it's really strange this has just happened suddenly.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Follow this thread, complete the template and copy and paste the results on the thread giving an example of the issue @haroony2j Network Issues 

If you are using your home WiFi connection for data calling, this is ideal when there are signal issues and you will still be able to make calls and use the internet.

I checked the network status and there is a known issue in my area and some maintenance work going on too. 

This explains the issue.

Thanks