Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't Make Calls, Texts Or go Online In Canterbury CT1 For Over 7 Months

ryancfc8
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I have tried to contact Vodafone about this but, in Canterbury I have been experience a rather odd issue where I can't make calls, send texts or get online, I have tried multiple sim swaps. I have 3 numbers on Vodafone they are all affected, this has been going on for 13 months, spoke to a man at Vodafone's call centre in India who said there is a network problem and won't be fixed until august and if I called through to billing I would get bill credit, I then phone the billing dept, and was told that this was incorrect and I was not allowed bill credit, or to leave my contracted penalty free. This is my second time back on Vodafone, the 1st time I couldn't make or receive calls for a month. 

From Template:

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

CT1 3

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

YES

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Can't text, calls take a long time to connect, can't access the internet 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All 

6) When did you first notice this issue?

7 Months Ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

All The Time

13 REPLIES 13

JAMESORCHARD
4: Newbie

Good luck getting an answer vodafone will just send you on a merry go round with delay tactics and blame everything else apart from there self. Its common sense that vodafone ain't gonna fix any of our problems for a £30 a month contract but why can't they admit there's a problem and let you go early from your contract?  It is not very good for customer relations but they will just scam us for more monthly payments. Even the network coverage checker surely has got to be looked in to by trading standards for false advertising. If I ran my business like this I'd end up on rogue traders lol. Yeye before anyone replys I know vodafone got all the small print/contracts on its side but it does not make it right what they do too customers.

well at the moment im paying vodafail £100 a month, there is no customer service, the only thing they are good at is lying

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ryancfc8 - thanks for completing the template.  I can understand how frustrating it must be, with not having a connection for so long. From looking at the coverage map, we'll need to run some more thorough tests and check which site its your exact local serving site. So that we can do this, please send my team a message on Social Media. When you do this, you could include the template you've posted, along with your full postcode. 

@JAMESORCHARD - It's not good to hear you feel this way about us. I've just found the conversation on our social channel. Please reply back to us there, if you'd like us to investigate this further. 

Ok done 

Apart from sending a engineer out to point the mast my way a bit lol 😆 what can be done? My vodafone time line 4g 2 bars for 4 years i was very happy  with the service then vodafone upgraded the mast to 5g my signal dropped immediately to 4g 1bar and more blackspots around my property but had 3g to fall back on all tho slower was reliable now that's gone. What use is 0.4 mbps to anyone?

1000002325.jpg

Ok so been on the phone to Vodafone for 30 mins, now seriously annoyed, can I have the e-mail address of the Vodafone CEO, apparently a call centre handler in a overseas call centre has placed a defamatory note on my account.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JAMESORCHARD - if the message you've sent above isn't a recent reply, then I'd like us to re review this, as you've mentioned things have recently changed more. To the last message you received from us on our social platform, please send over three fresh time and dated speed test examples, from within a 24 hour period. Taken morning, afternoon and evening if possible. We can then double check everything for you on our internal systems. 

Thanks for replying I will do that just for a laugh and post back. I know its none of customer service teams fault they are just doing what the computer screen tells them and been trained to never admit fault but talking to them is like talk to a load of politicians 😉 

1000002328.jpg

1000002329.jpg

1000002330.jpg

   it's a Christmas miracle lol 😆 😅 doubt much will change the maintenance has been going on for a long time ️