Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PO20 - Selsey - Slow download and upload and high latency for 16 days

slowspeedjohn
4: Newbie

I'm with Voxi and they insist the problem is with my device, so it's like I'm talking to a wall, so here goes nothing. If this doesn't get sorted, since my plan expires in less than 10 days, I'll go to EE or Three.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

No, everywhere.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

It happens everywhere, but mostly in all of Selsey. Tried it today and maximum is 4Mbps, in Brighton was 15Mbps and Chichester was 35Mbps. It used to be 100+ is most places, and at least 50Mbps. Since you like postcodes so much, here's some in Selsey: PO200AZ, PO200LS, PO200BE, PO200BN, PO209BL, PO200NF.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Slow download and upload speeds, usually 700Kbps with a maximum of 4Mbps and VERY rarely 10Mbps and latency of 150ms or more. Since latency is so high, websites usually don't load or load half the page, so have to reload about 4 times.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

25th of October, after maintenance was done close to PO209EH, leaving everyone on Vodafone and O2 without signal for several hours, and apparently it was the week Vodafone went down accross the country, so today is the 16th day.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

It clearly isn't an issue with my phone nor SIM. A work colleague that is with Voxi is experiencing the same. Wish I didn't tell him to go with Voxi a few weeks ago.

4 REPLIES 4

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slowspeedjohn - with you mentioning you're facing these issues everywhere, it sounds like this is why you've been advised it's phone related. Although, from the example postcodes you've given, I understand that when you're saying 'everywhere' this might still be roughly within the same areas. 

I've taken a look at the postcodes you've given and can't see any current known issues. For the VOXI team to take a closer look at this, they'll need some speed test examples from within a 24 hour period. They'll need to show the date and time. When you provide these to the team, please let them know which postcode they were recorded at. 

This can then be checked with what your 'estimated data speed' should be for that area.

Is that really the best the mods can come up with right now? Everyone knows Vodafone is the culprit since there's hundreds if not thousands of people experiencing problems after the outage on that week. and you won't aknowledge it because it would be a big lump of money on refunds.

When I've done everything I'm told to do I keep being asked more pointless stuff when it has been proven that the problem is not on my end, so you're just stalling for time until you sort your problems out.

What do you mean the speed I should experience in my area? Can't you read? It used to be 140Mbps on average until the outage week happened.

I really guess you can't read or you're a robot, since I already said I tried another phone and a coworker is experiencing the same.

That link to the team is the one I've used before and was told the same crap. "Everything seems to be right in your area". How about sending one of your network "engineers" and doing some tests with his phone? Actually, make him bring 10 phones, because if he only brings one then you'll say the problem is with the phone or SIM.

Here's your postcode then: PO20 9BJ

Speeds: between 300Kbps and 4Mbps download on 4G and 3G ALL DAY.

Here's what you're going to tell me: "I've taken a look at the postcode you've given and can't see any current known issues."

Hi @slowspeedjohn 👋 I apologise that you have been experiencing slower speeds and higher latency recently. I can see that the mast you would be connected to for the last postcode you provided, has had some optimization work completed yesterday. If you are still experiencing similar issues, could you please contact our social team here, where we will be able to look at raising this with our network engineers.  

No, I don't have social media, the speeds are trash, you keep telling me everything is fine when it isn't and look at all the other threads with people complaining. I'm not even mad anymore, I'm just enjoying the show by following another thread where the poster has all the proof and had multiple BT people go there and prove it's Vodafone's fault and NOW a mod did say there's something wrong and they're updating their interface, but what kind of interface and where?

I'll just switch to Three. Well done, guys.