Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unblock site request

gymrats_mack
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I am experience blocking issues similar to situations described in the following posts:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Unblock-company-website/td-p/2695396

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Website-getting-blocked/td-p/2747517

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Why-is-vodafone-blocking-my-website/td-p/2713735

I would like to request my site https://www.gymrats.app be unblocked. The error message I'm seeing is a certificate invalidation error with the name of the certificate containing an "allot.com". I have a user who is reporting the following information:

Yes, my home Wi-Fi is Vodafone but my Mobile data is Lebara (maybe there are also blocking because I have tested using only my Mobile data and the same certificate issue appeared with this allot.com). Using none of them the app works, same error message.

I’ve just done a test using my Work phone mobile data from O2 (UK) and it work it! Indeed it seems a problem with Lebara and Vodafone.

Please see attached screen video while I’m using O2 data from my work phone and all certificates are good and I can access the app normally.

9 REPLIES 9

Jason

Hi @gymrats_mack. We understand how concerning this must be. To firstly make sure that we're on the same page, can you please send over a screenshot or video of what Vodafone users are seeing when trying to access the URL in question? The reason I ask is because I've been able to successfully access the site to download your app, both using a Vodafone broadband and mobile network connection. 

Hey @Jason, thanks for looking into this. Here is a screenshot of the user in my original post. She is in Madrid using Lebara cell and Vodafone home wifi. I have other users reporting issues in the UK, but I've been unable to acquire and further details from them. These issues were reported on Monday, April 8th of this week.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 9.31.30 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-10 at 9.31.22 AM.png

Thank you for the screenshots @gymrats_mack. As the restriction is from Vodafone Spain's end, this would explain why I was able to access the site here in the UK on both Vodafone mobile and broadband. As we don't have control over Vodafone Spain here at Vodafone UK, I've reached out to a member of our Network team to check if they have a contact over at Vodafone Spain to assist. 

In regards to the users in the UK reporting issues, that is something we have control over. Once you've got more information from the affected users, if you send them over, we'll take a look.  

Thanks. Was able to get a screenshot from a user in Hull, UK. Here is what they see:

Screenshot_2024-04-08-10-10-11-548_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thank you @gymrats_mack. For the Vodafone user(s) affected in the UK, I've raised the URL in question to be reviewed under the reference number INC000005103366. We'll let you know as soon as there's an update, so do keep your eyes peeled. 

Just a side note, we'll also keep you posted regarding Vodafone Spain and if we're able to find a contact. 

In addition to the above @gymrats_mack, I would also recommend getting in touch with the security vendor that's marking your site as malicious. You check this out on VirusTotal

Thank you for letting me know about this, I have contacted the vendor.

You're welcome. In regards to the user in Madrid @gymrats_mack, we've heard back from a contact at Vodafone Spain. They've advised that they have arranged to have the URL reclassified for Vodafone Spain. However, they've also instructed that the user get in touch with Lebara in Spain as they've been migrated to a new network (MásMóvil, other company).

Ami

Hi again @gymrats_mack. Hope you're well! Just a further update, our network team have confirmed that the website has now been reclassified and should now work. Please let us know how you get on.