cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Christmas is coming : Phones as Presents.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello Everyone. 

Christmas is nearly upon us and people will be thinking of treating  loved ones to a new phone , or maybe even treating themselves to a new phone !

What do we all think will be a popular choice especially with some Smartphones coming in at under £100 ? Deals with extra Gb for a limited time and freebies such as speakers. Vodafone Christmas Link.

Here's my Tips if your thinking of buying a phone as a Christmas Present for a loved one / friend. 

• Buy one from a Network Shop first checking covertly what Network they are on. 
  • Phones purchased from a Network Shop will be locked to only accept that Networks Sim Card.
  • Take a glance at their Current Phone and Google its Specs to help you decide on which phone to choose for them.
  • Keep those Till Reciepts Safe as Vodafone offer a Cooling Off Period of 14 Days. 
  • Hassle-free gift returns until 25 January 2016 from Vodafone. 
  • Its personal choice if you wish to break the seal on the box to ensure everything is in the box that should be. 
  • Phones take different sized sim cards so it's an idea to ask for an Account Specific Blank Sim Card when visiting the Network Shop. So if the person is on Pay Monthly for example then ask for that type of Blank Sim Card.
  • If a phone does take another sized SIM card then the person your giving the new phone to will either need to perform a Sim Swap which moves their Tariff and Mobile Number to the blank SIM card which during the Christmas Holidays when I assume lots of people will be trying the same things can be delayed. So to avoid disappointment on not being able to use the new surprise gift of the phone perhaps pick up a Payg Sim Card pack of the right size and a Top Up Voucher so the person can play around and set up their new phone. A Vodafone Store can perform the Sim Swap if the person does not wish to use the Online Sim Swap Form. Please note Payg customers cannot use the online Sim Swap Form. Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can help or again they can visit the Vodafone Store.
  • Vodafone Stores also supply Plastic Sim Card Adapters that can seat for an example a Nano Sim Card to enlarge it to make it a Micro Sim or Standard Sized Sim Card. They are also available online via Vodafone Sim Card Adapter Pack.
  • If the phone is for a person under 18 years of age then my suggestion is to start them off on a Payg option and they can learn the importance of owning a phone and earn top ups perhaps. Contracts and the overuse of allowances can soon run up large bills.
  • People who are on a Pay Monthly Contract may have an Upgrade date close so bear that in mind if buying a phone for them. People on Sim Only Contracts do not have a phone attached to them so no Upgrade of Phone deal to consider.  
  • If your not especially concerned at keeping the gift as a surprise then of course you could offer to take them for maybe a Coffee in your City Centre and make it a surprise by guiding them into the HighStreet Shop. That way they can choose the phone and sort out SIM cards and offers and deals.

Please free to Add your own tips or P.m me and I'll add them to this post giving you Credits for your suggestions of course. 👍🏻

Finally 

We are all here as fellow members to help, guide and support you in regards to phone Enquiries and advice on Payg Big Value Bundles and Pay Monthly Contracts.  

Their is also further support via Twitter @vodafoneukhelp and Facebook -> Vodafone UK

Edit to add link and Returns Period for Christmas Gifts. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

0 REPLIES 0