cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Note 20 Ultra - My initial thought's.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Everyone,

I have the Exynos N20 Ultra 256Gb in the Uk.

1August Update.
120Hz adaptive refresh rate is On.
Dark Mode.
Brightness around half way.

Bluetooth On.
Battery on Optomise setting but not adaptive.
Screen time out 2 minutes.
I don't have lots of apps as I only use a select few to be honest.

Any google apps / services I remove or disable especially Google Chrome as I use Samsung Internet. 

5G turned Off.
Installed back up from Samsung Cloud and Apps from Playstore My Library to give a clean install as possible.

I prefer not to use Samsung Smartswitch. 

Some people who have used Smartswitch to transfer their info from one Samsung phone to their new Samsung phone have said they are experiencing issues and have said they are contemplating factory resetting and using a clean install.

I have put some apps to sleep and some to deep sleep which is what i did also on my N10+ 5G. Habit really !!
I use a burner sim card at first when setting up my new phone's and keep my previous phone as my daily driver while I'm taking my time tweaking my new phone's settings and preferences.
I've read a few posts from people who said they could see the battery % drop even when not doing anything on the phone. Although background activity and processess still happen, network signal and mobile data or WiFi will be On, and the phone is in learning mode and any backups downloaded into the phone will be indexing so battery consumption will happen.
So after my Samsung Cloud restore finished and my apps were put on via the Playstore and everything was updated and fully synced I then cleared my System Cache file's.

I then charged the phone to 100% and left it sat there all day with mobile data , Bluetooth, Nfc all On , and WiFi Off.
From 05:30 to 18:00 on Tuesday 25th August it went from 100% to 96% battery which I think is reasonable as notifications and background activity is still happening.I give my phones around 10 days to fully learn and optimise. Then and only then will i give my thoughts on battery usage.

Charging and discharging the battery will help the battery reach optimum output.

I also keep a close eye on the Google Play Services in my battery stats.

This should be around 2% to 3% in my opinion. 

High usage for this can cause high battery drain.

This can mean Google apps and Services are communicating too frequently and sync issues maybe happening.

After a few more days of setting the phone up and tweaking my settings and preferences I'll start to use it more for surfing , use the apps and social media And see how it goes.

As long as I get a days usage with a little juice left over which is what i achieve from my N10+ 5G I'll be happy.

I use Spotify Music for commuting so I'll be also hooking up my Samsung Buds Live and also my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

I don't game on my phone's so I won't be able to comment on that particular usage.

Early Initial Thoughts on the phone itself.

As per usual the quality of workmanship and materials use by Samsung is exemplary.

I think it's time Samsung went with flat panels however which they have for the Samsung Note 20.

Coming from the N10+ 5G the 120hz adaptive refresh rate on the N20 Ultra is amazing to see.

I like that this is adaptive and variable so will save battery too.

I was a bit wary of the camera module at first but I needn't have been concerned. It actually makes it easier to hold as my finger slides up to it.

But as I use a case the module is hidden now anyway.

I know the specifications say the N20 Ultra is heavier than my N10+ 5G but for some reason it feels lighter ! Go figure.

Some people have remarked that the colours on the N20 Ultra display are not as vivid i.e popping as other Samsung Phone's and I agree it isn't.

I personally do not use the vivid setting on my phone's. I quite like what the N20 Ultra provides in this department but it's a personal opinion and submit we all like different things visually.

My N20 Ultra came with a factory fitted Tpu plastic screen protector.

This i have removed and fitted the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector as I prefer these to the plastic feel, and they are the better option when it comes to glass screen protectors than most currently available imo.

The fps works well with them too.

On the subject of the Finger Print Scanner this works way better than the one on my N10+ 5G.

Face Recognition works as well too.

I use the Samsung Official Black Leather back case. I like a minimalist look.

I also have a dbrand Black Dragon Back Skin and this time also a camera module skin on order.

Sorry this was a long post.

If anyone has any questions or want's any clarity then feel free to ask.  :smiling-face:

I'll update / edit my thread as and when I come across anything new.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

0 REPLIES 0