Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Virtual desktop connection issues

jimmywick
1: Seeker

Hi, I am using Virtual Desktop for my office work, currently I am facing lots of issue when I login with my Vodafone network.(I am using Vodafone Hotspot). Like, Frequent disconnection or connection lost while logging IN. Few people suggested that it maybe your Mobile(Lenovo k6 note) issue as it is outdated while some say network issue. Anyone else faced the same issue in conflict race between Mobile or network? I just cannot confirm the issue with some other phone as no one in my family is using Vodafone sim other than me. Please help with this! (Any suggestion regarding VDI, Network or mobile are welcomed)

1 REPLY 1

RachelGomez123
4: Newbie

If you've run out of capacity, desktops or licenses, that's obviously going to create connection problems. Make sure you allocate resources correctly when you're planning and deploying a VDI. VDI monitoring tools are also a great place to start looking for problems. These products scan your environment looking for problems. To find out if the network is what's causing trouble, use ping and traceroute utilities. Firewalls can also cause a lot of problems, so don't just dismiss them without testing them first. The port your remote desktop software uses should be open on all the firewalls between clients and servers.

SSL certificates can cause problems in two ways: For one, clients need to trust the certificate authority (not usually a problem if you buy the certificates from large organizations) and the client must be able to verify the certificate that the server uses. To alleviate network-level authentication woes, you might have to upgrade client components or disable the feature on VDI servers or through Group Policy.

To help mobile workers, deploy a multi-entry VPN and make sure one entry doesn't have a certificate. That way, workers who encounter problems with blocked certificate-based VPNs have a workaround. To deal with latency, do a network assessment in the planning phase of your VDI deployment, otherwise you'll probably have to reconfigure network routing tables or replace lines later. Lessening the instances of intermittent connections will require either VDI save states or application auto recovery.

Going forward, organisations will need to support an evolving set of remote and hybrid work scenarios. To help our customers and partners meet these new hybrid work demands, we are expanding our vision to become a flexible cloud VDI platform for nearly any use case—accessible from virtually anywhere. A [Removed] platform provided by Apps4Rent is secure, scalable and easy to manage, while delivering a seamless, high-performance experience to end users. It will empower organisations with the flexibility to customise and build solutions with its core technology.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]